seeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had my ammonia in an old contact lens solution bottle. I couldn't find something to use as a dropper and I thought I was a genius when I thought of it. One day after testing, I grabbed my actual contact solution that was next to me in the bathroom instead of the ammonia from underneath the fish tank and proceeded to dose it right on up. I have a very embarrassing thread freaking out about it. Luckily that stuff is like 99.9% saline solution and I did a massive pwc...so no harm done.

If you tell me it's lucky it wasn't the other way around and it went into my eyes...you'll win a prize for being the millionth person to tell me that, lol.

eco23 said:
If you tell me it's lucky it wasn't the other way around and it went into my eyes...you'll win a prize for being the millionth person to tell me that, lol.

Oh, I didn't even think of that. Do I still get my prize? Ooh, is it a cash prize?! Lol.

When i said pour more in a ment bacteria in a bottle

I know but if you already have surficants in there then the bacteria would be wasted. Have you read the label yet?

I knew there was something going on. Let me do a little research. Unfortunately, I think a tank scrubbing and a restart are in your future.

Whats recomended cleaning method?
Filling it up with water and some vinager?

Actually im reading that its not bad? And that it isnt really a soap

Not sure what you're reading. Surfactants can mean different things. It can mean detergents or a chemical compound that breaks the surface tension so it cleans better. On top of it all, the fact that it isn't cycling shows that there's a problem. Does it say anything else? Dyes, perfumes?

Water ammonium hydroxide and surfactants. Thats all thats in it.

Back
Top Bottom