Settled on a 29G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theGar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have settled on getting a 29G aquarium. I plan on making it with artificial plants and white sand. What would be the best fish to stock this with. I would love a pair of dwarf gouramis if that is possible.

A pair of dwarves would work, most people try to have fish that spend time at different levels, like bottom fish, mid dwellers and top swimming fish. Cories are nice bottomw fish, as are khuli loaches, for top swimmers marble hatchet fish are neat. It really depends on what fis YOU like. Take a walk through your local fish stores and see what catches your eye, research it and see if they'd be a good fit with the gouramis. It takes planning to have a nice setup. Are you working on your cycle right now?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have not yet got the tank. I was at Walmart and save the price for the 29G starter kit.

Zebra danio are an active fish for a 29gallon tank. For best success, you will want more female than male, and at least 6-8

They are very hardy, can live in a wide temperature range and can handle the swings and spikes of a new tank

I would check fish compatibility for the gourami , but I did not find them nippy when I had a good sized school.

Back
Top Bottom