Shark ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angeleyes2325

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me what this little guy is? Looking for fish for my 3000 that's getting built in January. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413215249.109573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Horn shark... california hornshark I believe?

Edit: oops, it's a port jackson shark. (Which is still a type of horn shark)

It's actually really beautiful. I may consider this guy as my center piece for my tank :)

Depending on where you are in the world, this may be an expensive shark to import. For us here in the U.S., the Horn Shark might be an acceptable substitute. I know we used get Horn Shark Eggs and hatched them out. Kind of exciting when you look at that egg case in an empty tank for a while then BAM!!! a little shark appears. :D (I'm not sure if shark eggs are still legal to collect tho :( )

FYI: You do need to be careful with what you mix with these types of sharks. Since they are not constant swimmers, they can get nipped on by grazing fish types.

Not really worried to much about the expense part of it just want something that I really like

Not really worried to much about the expense part of it just want something that I really like

Understood. The only thing then that you should consider is how long the shark needs to be in transit from Australia. Having imported Pacific sharks for a Bahamian company, I know that they don;t always ship well for long distances. If you can get one locally to you, all the better. They are a great shark. (y)

If you can get one do it! I catch them all the time down at my local beach I have also seen a few out snorkelling

Back
Top Bottom