Shipping live plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about selling some live plants. I have done research and i understand how to ship them. But i am confused on whether the customer send the money for the plant and the shipping charge through paypal or not? Can someone please fill me in with this information?

I live in Quebec, CANADA, and I bought plants from France.

1. I paid shipping + plants before the guy ship them
2. We can't buy plants here in winter, so make sure don't ship plants in cold country
3. Plants can be caught at the customs
4. Java moss is illegal in some country/states because people throw them in toilet when it outgrow their tank and create a unbalance in ecosystems.

Just a little note to people; DON'T THROW JAVA MOSS OUTSIDE YOU AQUARIUM !!!!!!! Throw them with garbage.

So what does plants can be caught a custom mean?

So what does plants can be caught a custom mean?

Caught at customs*** In some country you need a Phytosanitary certifications, or customs will dispose them if they find them. I bought some plants by postal, and I didn't have any customs problems... But that's something that can happen...

If some people live in quebec, near limoilou, I have 2 valliniseria gigantea, java moss and hygrophillia difformis to sell for cheap.

Some plants are illegal to ship in certain States. That's all it means.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some plants are illegal to ship in certain States. That's all it means.

Yeah, but here in canada, all aquarium plants need a certificate I think. And some are illegals, like moss. Some LFS sell them here, but this is because they don't know it's illegal, and the authoritizes doesn't seems to control this.

Yeah, but here in canada, all aquarium plants need a certificate I think. And some are illegals, like moss. Some LFS sell them here, but this is because they don't know it's illegal, and the authoritizes doesn't seems to control this.

I didn't know that. Very interesting and thanks for that info. I've never received or shipped plants from Canada.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright thanks i will do some researcha nd make sure it is safe to ship my plants! Very appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom