Should i be concerned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
Unsure, hard to tell. I see the outline, but can't figure it out with only blues on. Take another shot with all your lights on and that might help.

I'm trying. I gotta get my better camera. Wife lost the charger :(

View attachment 83658

Brown and right next to snail.

Last edited:
I poke it and it shot down into the rocks. Just disappeared!! Is that bad? I don't see a tube but is gone for now.

If the rock can be removed, use a lighter or cooking torch to burn it off. This works best imo\ime.

If the rock can't be removed, you can inject various things into the anemone with a syringe: kalk paste, hot lemon juice. There are also other commercial products you can use: joe's juice, aiptasia X etc.

AquaRick said:
If the rock can be removed, use a lighter or cooking torch to burn it off. This works best imo\ime.

If the rock can't be removed, you can inject various things into the anemone with a syringe: kalk paste, hot lemon juice. There are also other commercial products you can use: joe's juice, aiptasia X etc.

Man can I catch a break or what?! Columnaris wipes out 15 Africans in my 75g and now this.

Hmmmmm, tips look rounded, try and get a clearer shot of it, with more white light..l

It looks like a majano anemone to me. Nothing to be freaked out about, and it's a very common pest which is easily dealt with.

mr_X said:
It looks like a majano anemone to me. Nothing to be freaked out about, and it's a very common pest which is easily dealt with.

So something at the LFS will take care of it Mr.X? I'm trying to to freak out but I'll take your word for it. I'm charging the good camera gonna take a better picture for you guys/gals :)

Sure. Perhaps something in the cupboard may as well. You can take the rock out and use a cigarette lighter on it even.

Sure. Perhaps something in the cupboard may as well. You can take the rock out and use a cigarette lighter on it even.
Aquarick gave you plenty of ways to deal with it, including the cigarette lighter idea.
Again, it's not a big deal, but they reproduce pretty quickly if left unchecked.

Camera stinks!!! Next on my list is a better camera. It's trying focus but can't figure out what I'm trying to shoot. Here's a crappy photo of ANOTHER one I found! Not sure how I'm gonna get this one and it's bigger then the first one. I'm sure there's probably more. I looked at the tank for an hour before seeing this one.

View attachment 83779

After doing some research this is what I'm staring at. Exactly like this. There is a small one and rather larger one on my mushroom wall all the way in the back and underneath. Not sure how I'm gonna battle the big guy. The smaller one I can reach no problem.

View attachment 83780

View attachment 83781

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom