Should I call this store again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
On Sunday I called a bunch of stores in hopes of taking my surviving fish from a bad disease (which are uninfected) but only one store said they might take it and they took my number and my name and said they would call by Monday at the latest. It's Wednesday and I'm hoping to clean out my tank by this weekend but in order to do that I can't have fish. I'm not willing to euthanize and this store is my only hope. Should I call them again or would it piss them off? Or maybe I should go to the store personally? I think I talked to the manager and he said he needed to contact the department or something so clearly they haven't really done that before

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just for clarity purpose on understanding your note...are you saying all your fish died from some disease but 1 and you want to give that fish away?

Your fish could be a carrier of the disease so why would you want to take a chance and infect someone's tank, especially a pet store?

Why can't you put your fish in a container while you clean the tank? If you think it will take a long time to clean, then put an air stone in with your fish

Just for clarity purpose on understanding your note...are you saying all your fish died from some disease but 1 and you want to give that fish away?

Your fish could be a carrier of the disease so why would you want to take a chance and infect someone's tank, especially a pet store?

Why can't you put your fish in a container while you clean the tank? If you think it will take a long time to clean, then put an air stone in with your fish

It's a bit more complex. A lot of my fish died but I have 7 survivors. It's been a month and a half since There has been a sign of it, but I was planning on restocking my tank anyway. In other words, I'm just trying to give the away without having to euthanize because that's selfish and unecessary. They survived a disease and show no signs of it now, and believe me you can tell when they had it. I do realize they could be a carrier although I don't even know how the disease operates because I couldn't identify it, which is why I'm in a dilemma. There aren't many stores around that would take these kinds of fish just from being in a tank that had a disease in it from the past.

Then a user conducted me to the "Classified" section of this forum where someone might be willing to buy these off me. If they showed signs of sickness I wouldn't be trying to give them away at all either.

Most likely the store isn't going to take them cause they would have to quarantine and treat the illness....ur best bet is to keep them for the time being and postpone ur renovation to the tank until u get them taken care of.

And just because they don't show signs doesn't mean they don't have it. It could just be dormant inside of them.

What type of fish are these?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What type of fish are these?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The survivors are 1 neon, 1 danio, 2 gold barbs and 3 kuhli loaches. The kuhli loaches didn't even get touched, which is odd but apparently common in TB cases. Which also means euthanizing them would really be pointless

Whenever i need to get rid of fish, i post them on craigslist, either in the free category or in the Pets category. It is against their rules, but its usually up long enough for people to see. I never have to wait more than a day for people to inquire and since they are getting them for free, they always agree to meet on your terms.

there is some people that think fish tb can hurt people , It might be safest to euthinize all the fish and wash out the tank with bleach , rinse it real well drain it and air dry it about 1 week the was out the tank with brine(salt water) drain and rinse a bunch of times , best if you wear a mask and gloves
no one will take a fish that was exposed to TB

there is some people that think fish tb can hurt people , It might be safest to euthinize all the fish and wash out the tank with bleach , rinse it real well drain it and air dry it about 1 week the was out the tank with brine(salt water) drain and rinse a bunch of times , best if you wear a mask and gloves
no one will take a fish that was exposed to TB

This isn't entirely true.....yes fish tb can infect humans in the form of skin leisions so if tb is suspected gloves are a good precaution just in case you have cuts on your hands. Truth is, u are in a bit of a bind here... Yes, any of the remaining fish could be carriers or they could be just fine. I would keep the fish you have. It really isn't fair to give them away if there is a chance to make others sick. Clean your tank and see how it goes from there if the remaining fish stay healthy maybe u can try to slowly stock your tank....like i said the fish u have left might b just fine additionally the condition might not of been tb at all

Back
Top Bottom