Should I euthanize or?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarenns

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a glowfish (black skirt) tetra that has been "tipping" for quite a few months now. Shortly after I noticed it, I had moved almost everyone to a new community tank as we upgraded, but kept the old tank running to have as our more aggressive tank (to add crayfish and dwarf puffers). Before adding the crays/puffers I treated the tippy tetra with prime stressguard, kanaplex, sulfaplex, aquarium salt, melafix... fasted and fed peas... nothing helped. I keep my temp and ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels all perfect. So I shrugged and added the aggresive members in with tippy, thinking circle of life would take its course.
A full month later, tippy is still going strong. Nobody has bothered him even though I thought the aggressive species would have torn him apart by now. I feel bad watching him tip on his side whenever he isnt in motion though, also he is separated from his friends in the other tank...I dont know what to do with him ? please any helpful thoughts?

It just sounds like a swim bladder issue. If he's healthy otherwise and thriving let him live.

Back
Top Bottom