Show me you corals!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tort is from Binghamton. The nasuta I got from Ken Feldman about 2 yrs ago. It seems like it didn't do any real growing until I added the LED's. All that new growth is from the last couple months.
I can hook you up with a frag of the tort anytime.

Binghamton,ny? Where's there a place for reef stuff there?

Larry, I will pm you about getting a frag. I have a dozen coming this Friday, but maybe next week would work.

cmor1701d said:
Larry, I will pm you about getting a frag. I have a dozen coming this Friday, but maybe next week would work.

I want free frags!!!!:)

Yes, we all want free frags. Build relationships with local reefers and you may get an occasional free frag. Frequent a quality lfs and eventually you may also get a free frag.
I used to give Xenia away to any one who wanted it. That's how I got my original pieces of it. Today I am thankful that I finally have removed all traces of it from my tank. Be careful what you with for. Free usually comes at a price!

cmor1701d said:
Yes, we all want free frags. Build relationships with local reefers and you may get an occasional free frag. Frequent a quality lfs and eventually you may also get a free frag.
I used to give Xenia away to any one who wanted it. That's how I got my original pieces of it. Today I am thankful that I finally have removed all traces of it from my tank. Be careful what you with for. Free usually comes at a price!

Very true! I get free frags every 3-4 weeks cause I send so many people to him and he's a genuinely good guy. Loves his regular customers! As a matter of fact I got a acro frag today for free I was gonna get more in store credit but he no longer needed the errand ran and for atleast attempting gave me a the frag!

Man I'm jealous. All of the things I've bought from my LFS guys has ended up dying no matter how hard I work with them. I acclimated a duster and short tentacle plate coral on Monday. They didn't even make it a week even though everything else in my tank is doing great.

Dusters and plate corals need longer acclimation. I also had problems with both of those species and gave up on them. I have two clams that are doing great.

We can only test so much in our tanks and maintain conditions for a certain set of species. Not everything can live in the same tank. Going reef (SPS) meant much higher flow rates in my tank, and I couldn't find any place that a feather duster could call home. My plate corals always ended up with sand on them. I think it might have been my clowns, but could have been a tang that kept kicking up sand.

As I learned the hard way, thoroughly research all livestock before making a purchase to make sure you can maintain the conditions it needs.

I have a very local private owned pet shop that deals with saltwater. The owner great for equipment the corals are hit and miss the fish NO. I have to travel up to an hour away to go to the best place I've ever been to. I travel and try to see a lot of different places. This place even tho it doesn't look like a saltwater fish shop it's by far the best livestock for the dollar. They have seperate qt tanks that they keep all fish they get in for atleast 4 weeks and there not 10g there all 40breeder tanks! I went and got a ricorda premium, an acro frag 4 headed Duncan and an acan all for 50$. And they only use top notch equipment.

A few pictures.

Attachments

• image-1186895673.jpg
    image-1186895673.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-787957153.jpg
    image-787957153.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image-51139096.jpg
    image-51139096.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-2132490891.jpg