Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new male Vailtail "Vlad"

Attachments

• image-703328237.jpg
    image-703328237.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image-962779089.jpg
    image-962779089.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2209509035.jpg
    image-2209509035.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 106
I may be the only grandma in the lower 48 with a betta named Poppa Smurf.

Male, doubletail. 2.5 gallon planted bowl, 7.5 watt heater, airstone.

Aww! He looks a lot like my betta!! (Theres a picture of mine, Fineon, on my profile if you were curious)

I'm loving the bowl, I bet he loves it in there

He's a very active little guy. Took him 2 days to realize that bloodworms were food (I give all the bettas 2 bloodworms in addition to their daily pellets). After that, he waits to see the spoon, and zooms straight under it when he sees it hovering over the water.

Beautiful fish in the above posts! Love the planted bowl!
but on a sad note, I did lose Nancy last night And Elizabeth II is locked in a struggle for life right now. I'm rooting for her to pull thru, but at the moment its not looking good. But she's fighting as hard as she can. The other 4 snapped right out of it and are eating like horses and begging for more.

but on a sad note, I did lose Nancy last night And Elizabeth II is locked in a struggle for life right now. I'm rooting for her to pull thru, but at the moment its not looking good. But she's fighting as hard as she can. The other 4 snapped right out of it and are eating like horses and begging for more.

Sorry to hear that. I hope Elizabeth II makes a recovery!

Sorry about the loss of Nancy.

How is Elizabeth II doing?

Sorry about the loss of Nancy.

How is Elizabeth II doing?

Thanks, Alyxx, Redsea Elizabeth II is alot better than she was before I went to bed. Well enough that she gave me a mini heart attack! I woke up early and went straight to her tank to check on her. And she was lying flat on the bottom, on her side. In all appearances dead as a doornail. So with a severe twinge of sadness, I went to get the long tweezers to remove her and as the tweezers touched her, she took off like a shot! the tweezers flew from my hands and I felt like a victim in a zombie movie! She musta felt the same as she is now hiding and I cant even find her! But I am sure when feeding time comes I will see her this time.
And troubles abound here, not only is the weather bad, and we are bracing for flooding...My house furnace went out and it is COLD again. I had an emergency move of ALL my male bettas back to their cups and they are now floating in all the heated tanks....and can now see each other...geez a sea of testoserone induced flaring. But I can turn off the tank lights and its peaceful again! And unfortunately, I dont have the funding to get each his own little heater. So as you can see....my breeding program is at a complete standstill, but....the males ARE floating in the female tank. Maybe the girls will egg up after seeing there ARE boys around, and I may get some fry out of this whole misadventure!!!

Thanks, Alyxx, Redsea Elizabeth II is alot better than she was before I went to bed. Well enough that she gave me a mini heart attack! I woke up early and went straight to her tank to check on her. And she was lying flat on the bottom, on her side. In all appearances dead as a doornail. So with a severe twinge of sadness, I went to get the long tweezers to remove her and as the tweezers touched her, she took off like a shot! the tweezers flew from my hands and I felt like a victim in a zombie movie! She musta felt the same as she is now hiding and I cant even find her! But I am sure when feeding time comes I will see her this time.
And troubles abound here, not only is the weather bad, and we are bracing for flooding...My house furnace went out and it is COLD again. I had an emergency move of ALL my male bettas back to their cups and they are now floating in all the heated tanks....and can now see each other...geez a sea of testoserone induced flaring. But I can turn off the tank lights and its peaceful again! And unfortunately, I dont have the funding to get each his own little heater. So as you can see....my breeding program is at a complete standstill, but....the males ARE floating in the female tank. Maybe the girls will egg up after seeing there ARE boys around, and I may get some fry out of this whole misadventure!!!

I am happy she has improved! :) That is great!

well Elizabeth is still kickin' . she is not 100% yet. And we hit up Petsmart today, after a tank divider and filter. Lo and behold...they just got their NEW BETTA shipment and we got first grabs. I got a awesome HM, and the boy scored a wild looking Green/black crowntail Dragon as soon as they came outta the box on the cart. We have homes for them, but gotta wait til the furnace is fixed to put them in the new homes. For now they are floating with everyone else. The HM is Ramses, and the Crown Dragon is Cthulu. I'll get pics up when it all settles down here. So looks like Fridays around 7pm to 8pm, our Petsmart gets the new bettas out of QT..so said the guy putting them out

I had my new crowntail female give me a bit of a heart attack a couple days ago, too. She is still in her vase for qt purposes, and it's one of those that have a flared top, which I prefer for Bettas because it makes it harder for them to jump out since I keep the water level below the neck of the vase. Well, I looked in and could not find her! I panicked, searched the floor, noticed a wet spot on the counter, and then really panicked. Then she swam out from where she had been sitting nearly invisible at the side of the bowl so I couldn't see her from the top or most of the sides.

Hope you make out ok with the bad weather. I know flooding, and it sucks. Down here we've had some rain and cooled off a little, which is great because it has been hot and our AC isn't working very well. But if all those flaring boys don't stir the girls up a little, you might want to stop calling it a sorority and start calling it a nunnery!

Ad I can't wait to see pictures of your new ones! Especially your "great old one," hehe. If you can't tell by my avatar, I'm a big Lovecraft fan. Great name for a greenish crowntail.

Thanks Alyxx! The boys are now going home as we got a space heater going til the part we need gets here. I went to my LFG today for a heater and he got in 5 new bettas. He now has a pipeline to a supplier in Thailand. And he had a Yellow green. It lasted until I saw him and thats when I told him SOLD! So a Nuther boy is home with me!I will see if I can linky a pic.....And he don't have em up just yet... but he has all the ones he sold already. He sold me one, and we talked another customer into another beautiful guy while I was there. I'll get pics of em all here soon when they are done stressing

Some blurry shots of the new boys

The first 2 are Cthulu

3rd pic is Rommel

4th is Ramses

I am sorry the camera does not do the fish justice. They are much more colorful than these pics

Attachments

• PTDC0499.jpg
    PTDC0499.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 98
  • PTDC0500.jpg
    PTDC0500.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 97
  • PTDC0506.jpg
    PTDC0506.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 95
  • PTDC0507.jpg
    PTDC0507.jpg