Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woo! Got my girls this morning! Unfortunately I pretty much met the mail lady with them on the way to my car to get to work. Rushed inside and got them into some cups from Bettas I bought previously since I didn't have time to acclimate them or watch for aggression. Now that I'm home they are floating in the tank. They are soooo pretty!

Since I personally love colors so much I think the blue and black one is especially gorgeous, but they are both beautiful fish! Good job alyxx!

Here's my girl and boy.
Both need names.

There's been some confusion over what my boy is. Half moon? gimpy veiltail? mutt? Either way he's pretty none-the-less.

Attachments

• 100_0816.jpg
    100_0816.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_0897.jpg
    100_0897.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 134
I lost three of my bettas over the past week. Sammy, Bashful and my elephant ear who had white lips.

Rest in peace guys. I will miss you.

image-3445763617.jpg

image-401122090.jpg

I don't know what happened.

Attachments

• image-3302643416.jpg
    image-3302643416.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 108
I lost three of my bettas over the past week. Sammy, Bashful and my elephant ear who had white lips.

View attachment 168117

View attachment 168118

wow! Thats a big hit in one week! I am sorry for those you lost.
I know the feeling I had a sick male this week as well, Bogart, but I got him back to 100%, and now the sorority is taking a hit with 3 ladies sick. Elizabeth II, Nancy, and Anne all have what appears to be a fungal infection so the sorority is now a hospital tank, and treating for both ick and fungus cuz I just had a bout of ick in 10gal. number 2 tank and it may have crossed to this tank along with the fungus.
It seems to be that time of year the fish bugs come out! Keep watch on you bettas!
Again sorry you lost so many at once, that truly stinks....:(

wow! Thats a big hit in one week! I am sorry for those you lost.
I know the feeling I had a sick male this week as well, Bogart, but I got him back to 100%, and now the sorority is taking a hit with 3 ladies sick. Elizabeth II, Nancy, and Anne all have what appears to be a fungal infection so the sorority is now a hospital tank, and treating for both ick and fungus cuz I just had a bout of ick in 10gal. number 2 tank and it may have crossed to this tank along with the fungus.
It seems to be that time of year the fish bugs come out! Keep watch on you bettas!
Again sorry you lost so many at once, that truly stinks....:(

Thank you so much. Glad you got the guys well and sorry your sorority is having problems. I didn't even realize mine were sick. I will have to keep a closer eye on them. What kind of meds do you use for your bettas?

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Pearly (beautiful pearly white Deltatail) just 8 days after I got him. I too, don't know what's might have happened, been doing all same things as the other ones (food, water, live plants, water change routine). Just to be sure I tossed the gravel from his bowl (he was waiting for his permanent home to cycle). Pearly was gorgeous and so were yours, again, I'm so sorry

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost Pearly (beautiful pearly white Deltatail) just 8 days after I got him. I too, don't know what's might have happened, been doing all same things as the other ones (food, water, live plants, water change routine). Just to be sure I tossed the gravel from his bowl (he was waiting for his permanent home to cycle). Pearly was gorgeous and so were yours, again, I'm so sorry

Thank you so much. I am sorry for your loss as well. I to am doing same routine as with all the others. Must keep a closer eye on them I guess.

I am so sorry for all the losses of beautiful fish :C it's always so sad to lose a friend!
In other news, my petco was selling elephant ears as delta tails, so I got one of the sorrier looking ones.....he's a little torn up and the cup was super dirty :/ but at least he's active. I wanted to take them all home but even just this one cost me extra in supplies I didn't know I needed!

Pic is before leaving the lot

Attachments

• image-1160961939.jpg
    image-1160961939.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 120
I may be the only grandma in the lower 48 with a betta named Poppa Smurf.

Male, doubletail. 2.5 gallon planted bowl, 7.5 watt heater, airstone.

73133-albums11974-picture55200.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom