Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck! Fish shopping is a fun experience.

Thanks! I just checked the page again and it doesn't seem to be sold yet.
I just don't know all the ins and outs of buying online.
When they ship it, does someone need to be home to get him in tank right away? I'm just concerned about whether I will be at work or not... :(

Thanks! I just checked the page again and it doesn't seem to be sold yet.
I just don't know all the ins and outs of buying online.
When they ship it, does someone need to be home to get him in tank right away? I'm just concerned about whether I will be at work or not... :(

That part all depends on the transshipper, in your case probably Linda Olsen. I live in Canada so i will have a different transshipper than you. The transshipper receives the fish in the US from Thailand and then they re ship the fish to you. I'm sure premium Bettas will be able to give you all the info pertaining to this. :)

Do you feed the bettas mosquito live larvae ?

I would if I had any at hand...

Honestly? Where I live right now I would do a happy dance if all Mosquitos dropped dead. Including their offspring. They are so bad up here right now! I do wish I could find a way to feed them to the fish instead of having them bite me... I even had to miss the Canada Day fireworks last night as there were so many!

I would if I had any at hand...

Honestly? Where I live right now I would do a happy dance if all Mosquitos dropped dead. Including their offspring. They are so bad up here right now! I do wish I could find a way to feed them to the fish instead of having them bite me... I even had to miss the Canada Day fireworks last night as there were so many!

I'm in Delaware..
They are horrible here too! Even as I type this I'm getting attacked!
My son's wagon had still water and I just check and it's filled! I grabbed one to see if she'd eat it. After that they are getting dumped! Lol ?

Do you feed the bettas live mosquito larvae ?

Well I have no idea if she ate the mosquito larvae! That lil thing swam into the darkness and I couldn't see it anymore! I can't find it anywhere... So I'm assuming she found it. ?

Well- I did it- ordered my betta from Premium Bettas today! I'm so excited for him to get here! Will post pics as soon as he arrives! :)

image-1516569400.jpg

This is yuki my rosetail , he is in a 3 gallon

image-1890777898.jpg

This is sushi he is a crowntail , he is in a 2.5 gallon long

Milton has developed some pretty nasty looking fin rot since he was temporarily with a ram cichlid for 2 days. I suspect he was nipped.

Should I move him into a heated 2.5 gallon tank or keep him in his filtered 5 gal while I treat this?

I am currently in day 2 of AQ salt treatments but I'm thinking a smaller tank would be easier with water changes until I see his fins growing back..

I attached a picture but its actually more ragged now with more red tips and is more around his tail and a little on his dorsal fin, it's so upsetting since he had such amazing rose tail fins..

Do you think being a rose tail will make it harder to treat?

Attachments

• image-602671219.jpg
    image-602671219.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 73
Milton has developed some pretty nasty looking fin rot since he was temporarily with a ram cichlid for 2 days. I suspect he was nipped.

Should I move him into a heated 2.5 gallon tank or keep him in his filtered 5 gal while I treat this?

I am currently in day 2 of AQ salt treatments but I'm thinking a smaller tank would be easier with water changes until I see his fins growing back..

I attached a picture but its actually more ragged now with more red tips and is more around his tail and a little on his dorsal fin, it's so upsetting since he had such amazing rose tail fins..

Do you think being a rose tail will make it harder to treat?

It might help to have less room so more of the medication can get to the fin but I don't think it really matters. I hope all goes welll!

Ill be making the move tonight, might also help to not have a filter to be up against, no current in the small tank as it doesn't have a filter :)

Miltons new home for the next week and a half :) I actually really like this tank, maybe one day ill plant it, stick a small filter on it and make it another betta tank ;)

Attachments

• image-3269785895.jpg
    image-3269785895.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom