Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-1889778807.jpg

image-1646737396.jpg

I think I'm naming them kyanite and tourmaline. (After the stones/gem/mineral). Or a.k.a. Kya and Mal.

This will be my new guy on Wednesday just bought him today, i decided since my betta butters died i would buy something a bit special to cheer myself up.

Holy wowers!!! Where ever did you get that one and for how much???

I just bought these CT bettas to pair from sirinut betta farm! I am very excited to breed these two.

They look similar to my newest crowntail, Ziggy. The female has pretty much the same pattern of flesh color, blue, and yellow. If you don't mind, where did you get them? I would love a similar female to breed Ziggy to.

My majestic blue and yellow HM Betta

Just bought him a couple of days ago. It's my first Betta and i'm already addicted to them. When i saw him at the shop i just HAD to buy him. He lives peacefully with 6 cardinals and 6 rummy-nose Tetra's in a 20 gallon tank.

Attachments

• IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 92
Just bought him a couple of days ago. It's my first Betta and i'm already addicted to them. When i saw him at the shop i just HAD to buy him. He lives peacefully with 6 cardinals and 6 rummy-nose Tetra's in a 20 gallon tank.
Welcome Timbuirma! You can see you are in a good place, in good company here!!!

This fish and several of those others is why I can't look at Betta fish anymore..

I love those beauties!

The color combinations are so exciting! A number of years back I wouldn't have thought we would have so many available!

Wanting to get a bigger tank for my betta. The one I'm looking at comes with a whisper filter. If I get that, is it still best to cycle the tank for a while before putting the betta in?
It's been a while since I cycled a tank! Help me?!
Thanks!

Wanting to get a bigger tank for my betta. The one I'm looking at comes with a whisper filter. If I get that, is it still best to cycle the tank for a while before putting the betta in?
Thanks!

Do you have a filter on the tank he's in at the moment? If you do pass that one over to your new tank and run both filters for a while, that's what I did when I moved my betta to the 16gallon.

Do you have a filter on the tank he's in at the moment? If you do pass that one over to your new tank and run both filters for a while, that's what I did when I moved my betta to the 16gallon.

No, I got her as a lil baby and have her in a cube right now.

Thanks!

You can most definitely cycle a tank with a betta as your fish in cycle... But the same rules apply as cycling with any other fish in cycle....
I would suggest starting with duck weed and watersprite floating along with java and marimo moss if you're planning on a betta in tank cycle..... Just a thought, it seems to help the cycling process...

Aquabid is awesome- I have a couple local breeders that have come up with some beautiful rainbow colored giants tri tailed.... I'm thinking about betta imbellis or other type of betta other than Splendens, if anyone has suggestions

Aquabid is awesome- I have a couple local breeders that have come up with some beautiful rainbow colored giants tri tailed.... I'm thinking about betta imbellis or other type of betta other than Splendens, if anyone has suggestions

I've been thinking lately of getting some Imbellis too! Maybe in a few months.

Does anyone know if Imbellis females can share a sorority tank with splendens females?

Back
Top Bottom