Shrimp and guppy tank ideas/experience? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piggypie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I upgraded my tank around 2 months ago, and now I have an empty 5.5 gallon just SITTING there ;) and I keep drooling over all sorts of stocking and aquascaping ideas. I think guppies are gorgeous, but don't want to risk putting them in with my betta, and I really like the idea of shrimp, so I was wondering if I would be able to keep a guppy or two in a 5.5 gallon with a few RCS? I would probably use a sand substrate, add some flat rocks, a twisty piece of drift wood, and a whole bunch of tangly plants like najas grass, anacharis, moss, and a ground cover.

That makes sense... This might sound weird, but do you know of they have a color preference, or look better with a certain color?

Alright, I was thinking of white pebbles, but I know some fish don't like the brightness and feel exposed.
How many guppies can a 5.5 gallon hold? I don't want to pack in as many as possible or anything :p but I want to know whether I should stick with one, two of the same sex, or if three would be ok...

Well I bet you could get away with 3, having one male and 2 females probably, but you'll have lots of babies.

Back
Top Bottom