Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah the bottom pic is blurry and the 2 eating in the top are females. I'll try to get good pics of the males tomorrow the lights have already shut down for the night.

According to that grading list on that link, if we go by that, the females look to be around sakura grade, which is cool. Just wondering what males in the different grades are supposed to look like, it'd help a lot when culling.

Here's a video of a few, you can see some lower grade females, don't have any pictures of them. Lets see if I do this right, I bet I don't lol. Try this again...

Okay imma have to ask corsair how to post videos lol here's a link :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all that are in that video are just your average pond snails/ramshorn snails, although there are malaysian trumpet snails and assassin snails in there. I just went down to the local pond and got the pond/ramshorn before i got shrimp. Can't beat free, although there are risks using wild caught animals.

Everybody got to it before I could lol! Yeah they're definitely near painted/Sakura females. Poor ugly males :( lol.

We can most definitely trade some genetic stock, since our stock is similar quality.

Jeta, interesting that your colony wasn't thriving. :(. But I love the chi! I hope you enjoy it, cause I'm considering getting it. Let me know what you think about it.

Thanks jeta for fixing my video :D and as promised pics of the 2 males...
img_1953396_0_e53a9d56e9a8f30b0471388d9d8883da.jpg

This lil bugger would NOT hold still so this is the best pic I can get. Female molted last night and he's feelin frisky!
img_1953396_1_af927c52b1151f72d8185545e760895d.jpg

Glad to know my males aren't the only ones that SUCK lol.

I've actually got some near complete males.

More shrimp pics, this one decided to hang out on my hand while i did a water change/straighten up a bit inside the tank. Lil sucker would not let go till I pulled my hand out.

img_1958538_0_95ddc256abed64268cb78f242bae7213.jpg

img_1958538_1_02fea2081d97feea7e088e5f2e836709.jpg

img_1958538_2_e6cf0f33effa132af1788ae4335c9b51.jpg

I'm right handed and was taking pics with my left hand in a strange position so they may not be all that good lol.

Oh wow. She's so pretty. That must have tickled lol. I'm glad yours aren't scared of you.

Just an update, counted 49 babies just now, I've had counts of up to 60. Don't think any are dying though just hiding. They are molting like crazy lol. I see all these tiny little shrimp molts all over so that is a good sign. Also assassin snail eggs...I can still see the casing for the eggs, but no egg inside. Hopefully they hatched and I will be having lil assassin running amok in my tank shortly. :D

Sake said:
Just an update, counted 49 babies just now, I've had counts of up to 60. Don't think any are dying though just hiding. They are molting like crazy lol. I see all these tiny little shrimp molts all over so that is a good sign. Also assassin snail eggs...I can still see the casing for the eggs, but no egg inside. Hopefully they hatched and I will be having lil assassin running amok in my tank shortly. :D

Glad to hear it sake :)

Back
Top Bottom