Sick angel update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinafina

Aquarium Advice Activist
My angel fish has been struggling a very long battle. I quarantined him and applied Metro to the tank, it actually helped out a lot, then by the 3rd day he started to decline once again. No superficial soars on his skin and other than his fins looked like they were shredding and from his constant battle of not being able to swim and laying flat he broke one of his long bottom tentacle type thing. Anyway, I ran out of the Metro and I think he needs something stronger or different. He lays down on his side unable to swim or de the food that falls in front of him. Best thing to do is euthanize him?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I would say he is suffering too much to recover from what you describe. You did all you could and with his body essentially failing, its just unfair and stressful for both of you. Sorry to hear about it, any pet illness and death just sucks.

What wrong with it?
I recently went through something similar where my angels fins were looking shredded and he was bleck. He was still active and eating but it could be because I caught it early.
I started dosing with seachem stress coat plus everyday at 3 caps in my 29gallon.
I eventually added tiny doses of salt to my filter basin. Its a water fall tetra style. Only the filter hoping as it cycled the water it would help.
Mine has recovered and then some.
I always keep my heat around 82 and PH around 7. I do a water change and cleaning every Friday. I could be lucky but I really feel it helped it a lot.
Hopefully its not to far in and can he saved but fish are such weird animals, fine one minute dead the next.

I did have one angle die on me out of the two I bought within a week tho. It was a stressed mess and started to lay flat. From reading they are very sensitive to stress and swim bladder disease.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom