Sick Neon tetra!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I got some neons for my new aquarium at my local Petsmart but one the way home one started swimming funny and I'd still doing it, is it a sigh of stress it did not do it in the store!

Attachments

• image-2479247458.jpg
    image-2479247458.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-917537308.jpg
    image-917537308.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 81
Hes having a heart attack basicly from stress.. One of my neons did that today when I got them at petsmart.. the guy took it out of my bag and gave me another one and put the other back in his tank

Hes having a heart attack basicly from stress.. One of my neons did that today when I got them at petsmart.. the guy took it out of my bag and gave me another one and put the other back in his tank

They have to add it back until its dead. Store policy unfortunately

They have to add it back until its dead. Store policy unfortunately

You mention store policy .
I was in my local big box pet store just browsing a couple weeks ago and they had some pretty ill looking fish , one was a beautiful orange spotted goby that in perticular was suffering bad. Being kind of disgusted to see this I spoke with the store manager about it and he stated that it is store policy that they can not do anything except leave him in the tank and let it suffer until it is dead. They have on QT of any type so just leave them in the display tank for all to see. Personally ( and this is just my thought ) I think they might need to review the policy and make some changes. I would not buy any fish after seeing such a thing and how about the young kids that look at the fish , "Oh look mommy Nemo is dyeing"

That's brutal. Makes me want to avoid those stores completely.

Thankfully i've got a great indie shop nearby. :)

Im thankful that my petsmart has an excellent petcare staff and very knowledgeable folks!

I am sure that there are some on here that work at theese stores that take pride in their jobs and have the knowledge also . The stores in my area are lacking in that dept.
Due to this I think that they are hurting themselves. They have made me go to the internet to buy most of my supplies and I would certainly not buy livestock from them after what I saw. I have a few local fish stores that have a decent selection of fish to choose from instead.
Maybe over time they will change some of their poilcies reguarding the treatment of their livestock. Unfourtinately the best employee with the most knowledge can not change the store policy and has to follow the rules.

Back
Top Bottom