Sick or hurt??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

domsmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Be never had sick fish yet. But I was wondering what might be on my female platy. On her back tail it looks kind of like two small white marks where it's usually more clear. Almost looks like small tear marks like another fish nipped at her? Also on her left side looks like a white mark. Looks almost like she scratched herself on something. Didn't know if this is something to be concerned about. Hopefully not :( she did just have her 2nd batch of fry on 1/6.
Thanks!

In the tank:
2mm platy
2painted tetra
2 serpae tetra
6 mm platy fry

tank size? i would guess if it's anything, it's nippyness from the serpaes and tetra not being in a proper school.

I know I was not imagining things, but this morning I look at her and I don't seem to notice the tail marks! I still think I see the mark on her side. I can't help but think that's from her flipping out in the nursery when having her 2nd batch, maybe scratched herself? Will keep an eye on her either way...

Everything is a little on the low side chemical wise. As of today water is a little cloudy. What helps clear water? Just doing a water change?

Back
Top Bottom