sick platy, very sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McClapyourhands

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went on vacation about 2 weeks ago. The feeding routine stayed the same. I notice that one of mt 3 platies has extremely clenched fins and is very thin. She recently gave birth about a month ago. At first I thought the weight loss was because of give birth, but today and yesterday I noticed she wasn't really eating. Can any one help me out? About a month ago I also added some spider wood into my tank. (I already had one piece) This piece seemed to give more of an amber tiny to the water. Could this be bothering her?

Skinny clamped tails and shimmies can mean one of several things, poor water quality, Internal worms or parasites chronic, or fish tuberculosis, which can also these things go hand in hand. I know how to cure most diseases, but i would reccomend when you see a fish like this cull it if it dosent respond to ick meds or water changes.. you dont need it to die and the other fish take bites and rot and make them all sick with tuberculosis.
Many times fish can get TB when they get old, its part of the normal flora of a tank, but it dosent really affect normal healthy fish, however if they eat it directly or eat the poop from a fish with TB then even a healthy fish can get it bad.

I think it is worms :( I am heart broken. 2 days after finding the female, I found my male floating dead! I thought he looked healthy. I noticed some red string like things coming from the anus on both of them. I am so worried about my other fish. Idk what to do. The articles I have read say it ous almost worse to putt the fish through the treatments

Back
Top Bottom