sick snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
my snowflake is really sick, i think hes a goner. He ate two days ago and seemed fine. This morning he was swimming around poorly, like totally uncoordinated, then he lay on his side. He is still like that this afternoon and starting to look grey, his gills are still moving otherwise he looks dead. i did a full water change 1 week ago ( moved house) and did some tests just now everything is fine and at normal levels. Is there anything thaT WOULD HELP HIM, i was thinking maybe a freshwater dip, or something, but somehow i dont think he will make it. I have had him since last christmas. :cry:

Wow, sorry to hear about your eel. Were there other fish in the tank with him? Probably the snail was just feeding. Sorry for your loss. :(

Sorry about your loss, only just stumbled across the thread. Unfortunately unlike fish eels seem to be prone to different diseases. They arent prone to ich and all the usual diseases. When one of my zebras died I tried all I could but to no avail.

The symptoms of my eel were similar:

Swimming uncoordinated
Laying upside down
Not eating

She didnt eat for 4 weeks and got worse every day. I feel your pain, and I feel so helpless that I dont know enough about eel biology to help..

Back
Top Bottom