Sick zebra danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyNovice

Aquarium Advice Activist
I took this video if the little guy....

Guppy is all healed and moved back to main tank, so this little guy moved into hospital tank!

What do you guys think?

Sick zebra danio - YouTube

Video looked betters on my phone! But if you can't tell he has huge red ulcer looking spots on his both sides

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the fish in question rub up against objects like its itchy?

He seems alright tho, from the video I see a lot what looks like normal behaviour. Maybe he's just a little bit stressed.

Nope haven't seen any of that. ?

And I lie about everyone else being ok, one I this ones brother or sister has swim bladder...

Well I was jut educated last week on the importance of weekly and not monthly pwc so maybe it's effects from that. I am mad at my LFS who seems the Moreno learn on this forum the less thy actually know! Sadly it's my fish that have been paying the price.

And yes thankfully this one seems fine otherwise! And my dropsy guppy I nursed back to health as well!!! :)

Super glad to hear about your guppy having improvement and nursing back to health. This and your swim bladder fish could be a sign of over feeding. Do you skip feelings during the week? How often and how much do you feed them?

I generally feed them twice daily but every couple days I try and skip a day.
I might set specific days in the schedule to skip. ....such as Wednesday, pwc day!

I'm thinking it may be diet related. That danio is awful fat....

My guppys I find periodically look like that, can't say any have died from it in my experience, usually it goes away on its own after a few days I notice.

That's good to hear! And yes maybe a bit fat... I have a platy like that too... I am buying them some peas tonight I add to their diet to clean them out! I'll post a video for you to see the other danios as they are all quite big!

http://youtu.be/-_9wIeAkjyg

I'm shocked how similar our tanks are.

Have you considered taking the cork out of that bottle? Fish love to explore things and I can see fish adopting it as a home/territory.

Btw nice skullhead vodka, great idea I'm going to do that with the larger one lol

The bottle isn't corked! And you're right they love playing inside of it! I have thought about jamming a plastic plant down in it but not sure if I want to do that or not....
I used to have 2 corona bottles in there as well and they played in all of them!

Post a pic or video of your tank! Yes I was too cheap to buy the big bottle! Someday we want a 55 gallon built into a bar and it's going I have just empty bottles for decorations!!!

Some are iphone 5 pressed against the glass some are digital camera. Nothing fancy. You just gotta take 50 pictures to get a few good ones!

If you sneak up on them during sleep you get better results lol.

I do house calls for nail trims on cats so I use that money to sometimes splurge and get done thing I really want :) (hence the ship)
I currently have another tank cycling and I am getting cichlids for that, my nail trim money is buying them!

I will have to start stalking them with my iPhone! I have a canon rebel ad well but just haven't tried hard enough with that! Guess I know what my next project is!!!

Back
Top Bottom