Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I mix the handful of ram fry I have in with the angelfish fry? They're all around the same size right now.

Can I mix the handful of ram fry I have in with the angelfish fry? They're all around the same size right now.
I have mixed the sole 1 or 2 pearl gouramis in with rams with 50/50 success.
I would be interested to see how it would turn out?:popcorn:

I have mixed the sole 1 or 2 pearl gouramis in with rams with 50/50 success.
I would be interested to see how it would turn out?:popcorn:

Don't want to risk my ram spawn, but I have 400 or so angelfish in 3 gallon and 30-40 GBR fry in a 10 gallon. Gotta make some space.

Sounds like you are doing great!
Just made space and filled it myself , in one trip to LFS!!:facepalm:
Rams out /Angels in...:whistle:

Wow lol, I came here because of there being hardly any beginners!! They can get annoying....

I do hope you have something bigger in mind than a 3gallon for that many angels?

Wow lol, I came here because of there being hardly any beginners!! They can get annoying....

I do hope you have something bigger in mind than a 3gallon for that many angels?

LOL these angels are all smaller than grains of rice, believe me it's not permanent :lol: This was just the tank they hatched in and they just became free swimming Eventually they'll get upgraded to a 10 gallon, then a 55, and then a fish store tank ;)

Maybe risk putting a few in and see how it goes?
I've mixed some weird fry temporarily before from lack of tank space (like a month?) and it worked out fine (Tanganyikan cichlids and cories)
Ps: don't hate on me I know they have vastly diff water requirements. All of my fish are kept in ph8 water (tap)

Last edited:
So I messed with some heaters to get the temp of both tanks up/down to 81 and ram batch 1+2 and angelfish batch 1 are now combined! Angelfish batch 2 will now go in the ram's previous growout tank.

Yay congrats on being the first to call me TA on here!

Didn't mean to sound like a Smart ***, just was curious:lol:

On a sad note, lost one of the zebra loaches today :( I've been expecting it for a while and was actually thinking about euthanizing him but found him dead this afternoon :( He was very thin when we got him, I suspected loach wasting disease and it seems I was right. None of the treatments I tried was effective. Luckily all the other fish look fine.

Sadness... Good news is the rest are doing spectacularly

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Moved the 2nd batch of angelfish fry into the 10 gallon bin. They are looking great! The 1st batch of rams looks like actual ram cichlids now!

In other news! I finally got the zebra's to hand feed!!! :D

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Big update coming hopefully tomorrow... an unboxing vid for Popparyno's shipment, and videos of all the current batches of fry...

Angelfish arrived alive! (So did the plants but I figured that would be self-evident) And thanks for the fishmas gift poppa!!!

Back
Top Bottom