Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So its reveal time for poppa's Fishmas gift!!!! If you want me to add or change anything ill fix it up before i send it :) didn't want to send something you didn't like

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450376507.149790.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450376525.693796.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450376547.949403.jpg

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Ahhhhhh..... you guys are too cool. That is freaking SUHWEEEEEEEEET.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Really glad you like it!! It should look a little better in person

The tubes are coming out on the red koi pair.... To save or not to save their next batch, that is the question :ermm: On the one hand, I can move batch one of the rams and angels into the 55 gallon at any time to free up a growout bin. On the other hand, I want room for the first spawn from the panda kois. Hmmmm.... :confused:

Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

Watching some ballet from the red koi pair lol

The tubes are coming out on the red koi pair.... To save or not to save their next batch, that is the question :ermm: On the one hand, I can move batch one of the rams and angels into the 55 gallon at any time to free up a growout bin. On the other hand, I want room for the first spawn from the panda kois. Hmmmm.... :confused:

No comment....;);):whistle::whistle::lol:

Well, the new pair is proven to parent raise and missgurnus wants to see that so, I guess I'm saving the next red koi spawn!

Well, the new pair is proven to parent raise and missgurnus wants to see that so, I guess I'm saving the next red koi spawn!

Ok, that's step 1.(y) Just remember, before they are of salable size, the fry of a parent raised spawn still need to be removed from the parent's tank to grow. Unless you have a very large tank where you can separate the fry to grow, you need to be aware that the fry can do some damage to the parents if left too long together in too small of a tank. :blink: I recently experienced that with the Silver/ Black pair. They were great together for a while then the fry just chewed the crap out of the male in just a few days. Took him over a month to recover from that. :facepalm:

Ok, that's step 1.(y) Just remember, before they are of salable size, the fry of a parent raised spawn still need to be removed from the parent's tank to grow. Unless you have a very large tank where you can separate the fry to grow, you need to be aware that the fry can do some damage to the parents if left too long together in too small of a tank. :blink: I recently experienced that with the Silver/ Black pair. They were great together for a while then the fry just chewed the crap out of the male in just a few days. Took him over a month to recover from that. :facepalm:

How long can you leave parents and fry together?

How long can you leave parents and fry together?
It depends on the tank size and the spawn size. There's no "formula date" as to how long they can be together. What happens more often is the parents eat the fry. Maybe yes and maybe no. Even tho these were "proven" parent raisers, they were parent raisers in another setting so no guarantees they will do it for you. The key to look for is once you see the fry start picking at the parents, I would strongly suggest separating them a.s.a.p. to prevent any serious damage to the parents.
As my Mentor always told me " you can replace a spawn but you can't always replace a parent so you do whatever you have to to save the parents. "(y)

3 little otos in a line :lol: and all those specs to the left are batch #1!

Attachments

• 1450538067806.jpg
    1450538067806.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 60
I spy slate cleaning from the male!
Not getting too excited yet, the little punks. XD

Starting to really settle i think, more cleaning, pair behavior, hearty feeding and almost all of their scales are back :) can't wait for their babies :D

Right now both pairs look ready to spawn- I'm expecting the red kois to spawn any day now, think it might be a race! Place your bets folks!

And since it seems to be a trend, there'll be a mystery surprise for the 1,000th post!

I tried to rescape the ram tank but ended up putting everything back where it was... I did clean off algae with a good H2O2 soak and I also rubberbanded my wandering java fern onto the driftwood. Hopefully it takes soon.

I'm also pretty sure TA is gonna win the bet this afternoon...

Back
Top Bottom