Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh jeez thanks for asking him! Was too concerned but I appreciate it! :D

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Ah ok. Do females tend to be larger out of curiosity?

No. With same age fish, the males are usually the larger of the pair. Does it always have to be that way? No, but in some cases, if the smaller male cannot due his "manly duties", the female can have a much easier time beating the crap out of him. :eek: Don't get me wrong, they can beat up the larger males pretty good as well. :eek::eek: But when creating pairs, I would suggest putting a larger male in with a smaller female. (y)

Pretty good! Moving around a bit, apparently they ate a little bit, in fact the female seems hungry, she's been nibbling at stuff all day. Doesn't seem to be any complications with the missing scales, so I'll just remove the salt with regular water changes unless something pops up.

Wow, the male grew almost all of his scales back overnight! Never seen anything like it. Female grew a lot too but not quite as much. Both look pretty good this morning, just very skittish.

Wow, the male grew almost all of his scales back overnight! Never seen anything like it. Female grew a lot too but not quite as much. Both look pretty good this morning, just very skittish.

Also ate a nice breakfast this morning! Doing a lot more exploring today

Yay... They were so much fun to watch. Im just amazed at how flawlessly the shipping went. I was worried as hell when they said no guaranteed overnight to Maine.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yay... They were so much fun to watch. Im just amazed at how flawlessly the shipping went. I was worried as hell when they said no guaranteed overnight to Maine.

Yeah I had a panic attack Tuesday morning when it was still listed in KC just like the previous disaster. But they seem to be no worse for the 2 day wear. Now, no more shipping until April!

Yeah I had a panic attack Tuesday morning when it was still listed in KC just like the previous disaster. But they seem to be no worse for the 2 day wear. Now, no more shipping until April!

I would even go as far to say no more shipping fish until May. Warm weather all around compared to April.
I'm happy for you three that they where delivered in a timely fashion this time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Probably a good idea, actually. Last year we had snow into May.

Poppa, do you know how old these guys are? They're the biggest of all our angelfish, including Flint who is around 15 months old.

Plants I'd say could be shipped February through December, but fish would probably be best May through November. Avoid the cold and the holiday rush

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Probably a good idea, actually. Last year we had snow into May.

Poppa, do you know how old these guys are? They're the biggest of all our angelfish, including Flint who is around 15 months old.

Aprx 10-11months old

Couldnt be too young or they wouldnt be spawning.

It would go a long way as to explaining all the pairing behavior we saw when the originally arrived

Back
Top Bottom