Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're mostly clear. If you look from across the tank lengthwise slightly amberish. Definitely not the obvious "dead white".

Then i think your doing good.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, they look the same color as the good ram eggs I've had. Just short-term paranoia. Once I get them into the hatching bin tomorrow I'll get a better look at them.

They look good in pictures to me.
Congrats!

Thanks bandit! Remind me to get pictures of the little rams for you! They are growing fantastically and easily keeping up with the vast swarm of angelfish. Around 25 by my count! Can't thank you enough for that wedding gift! :D

Haven't removed the eggs yet and for what it's worth I can see a big parenting difference between these guys and the other pair. Only 3 white eggs this morning and they've been removed within an hour of lights-on. The other pair never removed any white eggs :lol:

The eggs have been separated :) plus a pic of the fry laid on December 3rd

Attachments

• 1452435975157.jpg
    1452435975157.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 1452436101230.jpg
    1452436101230.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 41
That's a good sign for good parenting.(y)
You plan on pulling the eggs though right?
I have a pair of GBR tending eggs day 2 that I will pull tonight.
Under parent care the eggs are fine,but the last 2 sets I pulled were 50% fungus on day 2 in MB...:confused:

I also noted on day 2 of soak/steri that pot tray leaching MB!!:eek:
The water(second batch) was tinted blue....:eek:

Might be getting a little too strong on the drops???:nono:

Yup, I pulled the eggs already. Hoping that they turn out as well as the other pair's pulled spawns. Not a lot of white eggs at all compared to the other pair- usually I'd have at least a dozen white eggs by now. These really are some nice fish ;)

Weird that the eggs are getting fungused in methyl blue... want me to ask my friend studying saprolegnia about it?

Hey bandit, just to be sure, when are you dosing the MB after they're laid? Talking to my friend who researches saprolegnia and she wants to know the timing of when you dose.

What are the salt tolerances of ram eggs bandit? Any idea? She's suggesting salt as the most foolproof saprolegnia deterent she's used. She said she has occasionally run into resistance to MB in her work.

I've had cory eggs still fungus when using MB it just looked like it delayed the process. Anyway I tried it a couple of time and I found that direct air flow was much more effective. To be fair though the eggs I had in MB were just in a tub with no airstone or anything else.

I always have air running over the eggs but even with air running and hydrogen peroxide I had fungus problems. Methyl blue seems to be effective for me.

I've got an odd job to do for my professor on Tuesday so I'll have some fish money, gonna pick up a $/gallon 40B :D

Late to the party but seriously with my cory eggs I switched to IAL instead of MB. I pulled the eggs but no fungus then. Not sure how angels so with IAL. I really find it to be magic. Lol I have no scientific study to back that statement.

Brenna

Late to the party but seriously with my cory eggs I switched to IAL instead of MB. I pulled the eggs but no fungus then. Not sure how angels so with IAL. I really find it to be magic. Lol I have no scientific study to back that statement.

Brenna

I'll have to talk to my fungus person. I know a girl who is researching saprolegnia in zebra danios so I'm sure if IAL work she'll know something about it. But for now I have a TON of MB (y)

I'll have to talk to my fungus person. I know a girl who is researching saprolegnia in zebra danios so I'm sure if IAL work she'll know something about it. But for now I have a TON of MB (y)
Yeah me too. I just didn't have the results I wanted with MB. This is just my experience with corys tho.

Brenna

Mb has done me well... Havent found a better way yet. Im tempted to try H2o2... Its harder with discs though. With the rents being in tank and all.

Mb has done me well... Havent found a better way yet. Im tempted to try H2o2... Its harder with discs though. With the rents being in tank and all.

I didn't like H2O2, had bad results with it. Speaking of frisbees, any luck getting more pictures of the eggs/wigglers?

Back
Top Bottom