Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's like, all of the botia loaches are "peaceful community fish" but I could tell you which ones are the most likely to nip fins, which ones are too active for shy fish like discus, which ones are best for new keepers, big tanks, small tanks, warmer or cooler tanks, etc. I think the number of other people who could tell you that with loaches is fairly small on this board, so it's my proud little niche :D

It's like, all of the botia loaches are "peaceful community fish" but I could tell you which ones are the most likely to nip fins, which ones are too active for shy fish like discus, which ones are best for new keepers, big tanks, small tanks, warmer or cooler tanks, etc. I think the number of other people who could tell you that with loaches is fairly small on this board, so it's my proud little niche :D

Yes :D.....

Sinibotia I understand the loach love. Have owned many loaches in the course of 6 years now. My favorite was a lone golden weather named Dyson (after the vacuum of course). Now I own 3 angelicus botia and 1 yoyo loach and they are the best bunch I've had.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey look its a MissGurnus xD no internet yet at our new place so no posting for me xP thats supposed to change here on tuesday so hopefully ill be back around that time. not sure if sini posted about it here yet or not but the yoyo's will nibble some food out of my hand now :D all of the happiness

Hey look its a MissGurnus xD no internet yet at our new place so no posting for me xP thats supposed to change here on tuesday so hopefully ill be back around that time. not sure if sini posted about it here yet or not but the yoyo's will nibble some food out of my hand now :D all of the happiness

Sini did! He promised pics of lots of happy loaches eating krill out of your hands.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

My phone camera is bad but have a picture!

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441401324946.jpg
    1441401324946.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 60
My phone camera is great but have a picture!

Cool! On a slightly off topic note I find it weird that people here seldom feature themselves in a picture unless it is their arm they are sticking in the tank for some reason. In my time on AA (nearly a year) this marks the second picture of anybody I've seen here, 1st being Caleb's arm pulling a plant out of his tank.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

We posted our pictures in the "put a face to the "username" thread!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The 10 gallon is cycled! Also picked up an eyedropper for feeding fry. There's 3 simultaneous spawns in the multifasciatus tank right now and I'd like to see if I could get a lot of adults out of it, so I'm feeding them hikari first bites with the eyedropper now.

With my birthday a week ago I got a bunch of money, which of course I spent on fish stuff! On Thursday getting a 55 gallon stand for the oscar tank, and replacing the stand that currently holds two 10's and two 20H's. It's sagging in the middle because it's supposed to hold a 55, not two 20's. It's also very old and shaky and we're worried about our 18 month old pushing it over (wasn't an issue when we were living apart). So we're getting two double-decker stands to put side-by-side.

Also got a python and gonna get some filters to get the oscar tank going! Oh, and I found and repaired a 10 gallon filter that had been sitting around in Ann's closet so we're a 10 gallon short of yet another tank being set up :D

I mix a combo of baby shrimp food, frozen brine shrimp, and green water to feed my fry tanks.

I mix a combo of baby shrimp food, frozen brine shrimp, and green water to feed my fry tanks.

Do you have frozen bbs, or regular frozen bs? And how do you get "green water"? I'm not worried too much for the multi tank, these fry raise themselves (multies are the best parents), but I am trying to figure out food for future angelfish and ram spawns.

Do you have frozen bbs, or regular frozen bs? And how do you get "green water"? I'm not worried too much for the multi tank, these fry raise themselves (multies are the best parents), but I am trying to figure out food for future angelfish and ram spawns.
I use bbs but regular could work as well for larger fry.

I use instant green water that I buy on AquaBid. I've also been looking into spirulina powder.

I know what you mean about multies, never really had issues feeding any of my shellie fry.

New loaches! New platys! New aquarium stands! (to replace the rickety old one that held the two 20's and two of the 10's)
12021911_893877067353095_691055168_n.jpg

11997004_893877104019758_1914687827_n.jpg

12021781_893877157353086_1942993367_n.jpg

Digging your selection of fish!
I was just asked about compatibility of ram and kuhlis.
What do you think?
I couldn't really say I have experience enough to answer andthought you may be better suited.
Hopefully I ship to you Monday morning!

Those are awesome loaches!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Have fun with those angelicus! I have had mine for about a year now. As you know they are quite entertaining:)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rams and kuhlis are a great combo! Kuhlis like the same sort of water and are good at hiding from rams if they are feeling mean.

Back
Top Bottom