Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rams and kuhlis are a great combo! Kuhlis like the same sort of water and are good at hiding from rams if they are feeling mean.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Loach Master!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rams and kuhlis are a great combo! Kuhlis like the same sort of water and are good at hiding from rams if they are feeling mean.

I have 3 bolivian rams with my 3 angelicus and 1 yoyo. My loaches don't even care because they own the tank. My keyhole got too pushy with them once during a feeding and he accidentally got barbed. Guido (my keyhole) now respects their space now.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm enjoying your thread. The other day when I went to pick up plants and fish I saw 20 year old Clown loaches. They really are little characters

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Double stands to replace the rickety old 55g stand that held these tanks!

Attachments

• 1442416589327.jpg
    1442416589327.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 78
This is our nearly finished living room! Notice the tiny TV flanked on both sides by 55 gallon tanks- our priorities are clear :lol: the empty 55 is the future Oscar tank. It'll be set up in that spot eventually. Right next to my desk so the Oscar can keep me company while I study! (We chose to put the loach tank on the other side because if it was next to my desk I'd never get anything done again :lol: )

Attachments

• 1442416793576.jpg
    1442416793576.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 74
This is our nearly finished living room! Notice the tiny TV flanked on both sides by 55 gallon tanks- our priorities are clear :lol: the empty 55 is the future Oscar tank. It'll be set up in that spot eventually. Right next to my desk so the Oscar can keep me company while I study! (We chose to put the loach tank on the other side because if it was next to my desk I'd never get anything done again :lol: )
Nice! We don't even have a tv in our living room :hide:

Oh, by the way! I never said how I resolved the stand issue. I ended up getting a very thin sheet of foam and putting it in the gap. It's worked like a charm- the tank isn't bending at all and the foam is clearly supporting it enough for that 1/4 inch.

Here's a picture. A $5 fix for a $17 (on clearance) stand so I still made out like a bandit!

Attachments

• 1442417403468.jpg
    1442417403468.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 54
Nice! We don't even have a tv in our living room :hide:

MissGurnus and I actually initially met over a mutual interest in video games (specifically Nintendo games, mostly Legend of Zelda). The only reason we have a TV is for our Wii U. But we prefer our 48" one-channel flatscreens ;)

The baby striped kuhli passed quarantine so we're up to 13 loaches in that tank now! Rumor has it that there'll also be a fishy surprise arriving soon.... more updates later today....

I think I know what that surprise is...hopefully we both get our fish today :)

13 kuhli loaches in the 29(going off your signature)?!

I think I know what that surprise is...hopefully we both get our fish today :)

13 kuhli loaches in the 29(going off your signature)?!

Oops, gotta update the sig! No, 5 kuhlis, 5 yoyos and 3 angelicus in the 55 gallon. It's a loach tank :D

My status is "out for delivery" so I'm waiting around at home! Hurry up, post office!

Oops, gotta update the sig! No, 5 kuhlis, 5 yoyos and 3 angelicus in the 55 gallon. It's a loach tank :D

My status is "out for delivery" so I'm waiting around at home! Hurry up, post office!

I thought 13 kuhlies sounded like a lot for a 29.

That's what mine says too. I told my boss my dad needed me to work for him today just so I could stay home. If this doesn't get delivered today I will not very happy

I thought 13 kuhlies sounded like a lot for a 29.

That's what mine says too. I told my boss my dad needed me to work for him today just so I could stay home. If this doesn't get delivered today I will not very happy

I just hope it arrives before my class at 2- MissGurnus got called in to work today so I have to be here but my 2pm class is a bad class to miss :hide:

Looks like I'm missing my class :facepalm: Stupid mail. It's been "out for delivery" all day so if it doesn't get here I might have to go riot at the post office.

On the happy side, have some pictures!
RlmIbAq.jpg

ZGCaN7e.jpg
I9yctyx.jpg

12023084_895763920497743_1647101172_n.jpg

Sadly, that might just be the best picture I've ever taken of the aborichthys loach.

Last edited:
FISH ARE HERE! Finally got a pair of awesome CB GBR! Thanks so much for the wedding gift CB! (by the way, no DOA, of course!)

Fish are currently drip acclimating, and I will try to get some decent pictures when they're in the tank!

Back
Top Bottom