Skimmer for my 28g Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koconnor1963

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, I have had my d+ d 28g nano with halide for a few years now but the stock skimmer has never been that good really. Has any body had a good experience of replacing the stock one for a better model?
2 clown
1 small yellow tang
1 flame angel
As well as
200 gallon tank with sump

Firstly... A tang in a 29g?

Secondly, my lfs has the tank you are referring to as one of their display tanks and he doesn't run a skimmer in there, he runs chaeto and Purigen in the back and it's one of the heatlhiest tanks I've ever seen. I'll take a pic when im there tomorrow to show you.

Thanks for the reply, I hear what you say on the tang but it is only about an inch or so long, as soon as it gets a bit bigger it's going in my 200 gallon tank, it was getting bullied when I first put it in the big tank. Does the cheato sit in the water column or in the back boxes as I will need a led for it if so.

Yes it's sits in the back with a bright led on it for growth, I believe it's D-D as well. He has the HQI model, that has a clear back, unsure if the T5 model has a clear back as well?

Yeah, same as mine. I think I will go down the same route and source the light.

Sourced the light but it's £50 and can't find anyone for less. Looks like I will just have to bite the bullet

Back
Top Bottom