skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have been hearing about skimmers lately is there any reason for these in a comm tank?i dont have anything floating in my tank so i dont see a reason to have one

dwint said:
i have been hearing about skimmers lately is there any reason for these in a comm tank?i dont have anything floating in my tank so i dont see a reason to have one

Ah ,you DON'T think you have anything floating in your tank,..... You'll be amazed as to how much smuck your skimmer will pull outa your clear water ...truly a wonderful device

Ah ,you DON'T think you have anything floating in your tank,..... You'll be amazed as to how much smuck your skimmer will pull outa your clear water ...truly a wonderful device

I agree. I have crystal clear water and you should see the crap that my skimmer pulls out. For the bigger tanks I think they are great.

i have a 75 gal.is there one out there that isnt too pricey

which is cheaper,i'm going through a divorce lol
:lol:

Do you have a sump? i would prefer an in sump skimmer if so. If you do, how much space do you have in it to fit a skimmer?
If you do not, what size tank is this?

thanks mr x that price isnt to bad.i'll buy one when i can

you could look at the eshopps 100h bought one about two months ago working great and not to expensive

Right, but take those ratings with a grain of salt. The Eshoppes rep let me borrow one of them for my display tank at MACNA when it was in Atlantic City. I wouldn't use that on anything larger than maybe 40 gallons. It's comparable to the Coralife Super Skimmer 65, another skimmer that's loosely rated.
Generally, you want something rated for 1.5 to 2 x your total system volume.

Back
Top Bottom