Slate in an aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is just an update but I just started to chisel and hammer my slate so I can make it "aquarium size" and there were tons of metallic sparkles all over the ground when I was done. I ran a magnet over them and it did not pick any of the little sparkle things up. I washed the slate real well after that because when I would put it in the bucket of water little metallic sparkles would float to the top and I washed it until that stopped. I also realized I had some of this slate in my 700g pond for 2 years and nothing has happened but that is a much larger water volume compared to my 37 gallon. And I am putting 40+ pounds into my aquarium and there is only 60 pounds in the pond lol.

I finally put the slate in the aquarium! So far so good :D! It looks really cool too! And the fish really love it! Thank you for all the help!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lol okay :D I just need to get my girlfriends camera since all I have is a camera phone lol

Back
Top Bottom