Sleeper goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
For the longest time (around 6 months) I've had 2 sleeper gobies that I thought were a different species. I had 20+ neon tetras in my 29 gallon, and I'd occasionally count them, and they'd all be there. Then I bought some bamboo shrimp during a really thick green water infestation, so I couldn't really see what was happening, and when it cleared, I couldn't find any of them (1 survived hiding somewhere). I've been busy lately (and I assumed that they were some sort of omnivorous goby) and I counted today and I'm down to 13. What makes me suspicious is that they (2 of them) have hit a huge growth spurt. Currently they are sitting in a breeder trap until I know what to do with them. I think the reason they weren't predatory was because the neons were too big at the time, but when they grew big enough, they starting eating them (or so I think)

Here is a pic. I'm feeling around 85% sure they are sleeper gobies, and are predatory..

3809586609_5b1bdf01fd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom