Small worms on glass of aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
I also have questions about these smalllllll worms that i discovered in my 25 gal that houses one angelfish and around 20-30 assassin snails along with who knows how many pond snails, if anyone can identify what these are

20180224_133326.jpg

Attachments

• 20180224_133326.jpg
    20180224_133326.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20180224_133258.jpg
    20180224_133258.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20180224_133352.jpg
    20180224_133352.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 88
Can’t tell without a close up but I think they’re common in predator free tanks. I had them in my shrimp tank when I was unknowingly letting the gravel get a little gross for fear of sucking up baby shrimp.

I’m surprised the angelfish isn’t eating them though.

They’re likely completely harmless but may indicate your tank could use less feeding or more gravel vaccing.

I’m not really familiar with caring for sand substrates, I know a lot of people with sand just kinda hover over the top of the sand to pick up waste. Since I’ve never had sand I’m not the best person to advise you, but I would suggest keeping an eye on it. Those worms are a sign of some kind of organic build up in the tank.

When I developed a lot of those those it wasn’t long before I started losing shrimp. I blamed it on everything else at first, but at the end of the day when I bit the bullet and cleaned the gravel I may have lost a few babies but the tank was way cleaner and the rest of the shrimp way healthier for it.

Is this in the tank where you have the angel with white spots that you’re trying to figure out how to treat? Because if so the snails may not like the salt.

I’m not really familiar with caring for sand substrates, I know a lot of people with sand just kinda hover over the top of the sand to pick up waste. Since I’ve never had sand I’m not the best person to advise you, but I would suggest keeping an eye on it. Those worms are a sign of some kind of organic build up in the tank.

When I developed a lot of those those it wasn’t long before I started losing shrimp. I blamed it on everything else at first, but at the end of the day when I bit the bullet and cleaned the gravel I may have lost a few babies but the tank was way cleaner and the rest of the shrimp way healthier for it.

Is this in the tank where you have the angel with white spots that you’re trying to figure out how to treat? Because if so the snails may not like the salt.
Ah thank goddness!! To my amazement Rubys tank seems to be ich free! So im glad about that because of all my assassins in there!

Detritus worms. Not planaria. They aren't harmful but this indicate you overfeed or filtration is not adequate. Do partial water changes.

Gotcha, kinda lost my focus for that other tank with the ich i have going on in the other two i have

Back
Top Bottom