smallest tank for breeding bristlenoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha i will try to siphon the snails out! I am mad because my tank was empty for a month and the levels went wack! Haha i will try to fix that though! And my brother wants tp start a 10 gal salt, and doesnt wanna spend money breeding bns, cuz then u need a seperate tank for fry

Hi breeding B/Ns will be cheaper and more profitable than setting up a marine tank:cool: Is he older or younger than you? I got an older brother but he hates fishes??? Next time you got an empty tank waiting for fishes or your next idea,simply place a little fish flake in there,this feeds the bacteria and keeps the tank ready:fish1:

stingrays4 said:
Hi breeding B/Ns will be cheaper and more profitable than setting up a marine tank:cool: Is he older or younger than you? I got an older brother but he hates fishes??? Next time you got an empty tank waiting for fishes or your next idea,simply place a little fish flake in there,this feeds the bacteria and keeps the tank ready:fish1:

Lol im his bro. Same age! And im all up for it as long as we can actually gind some BN's. They dont have many around here! Plus, well now have to keep 3 tanks running...

Haha oh ya hes obsessed with saltwater! We currently have 116$ in the "fish fund" and he estimates we need 200$ for the salt water. Im still pushin hard for the breeding bns because we will make enough money in a few months or year, to get a salt! Haha

Hi GBoy66. :) Good to see you are saving for a salt water set up, they are expensive to set up and run but worth it:) If you could get a pair of B/Ns and get them breeding and your local shop was prepared to pay for them it would help the 'fish fund' Are you any where near me? I live in Newbury Berkshire England:) I have quite a few B/Ns:fish1:
PS do not post your exact location on the forum:)

Naah nowhere close to england but
Might go theee this summer! And US, west coast! Gboy66, lets breed bn's!!!!!!! Make bank!!!

stingrays4 said:
Hi GBoy66. :) Good to see you are saving for a salt water set up, they are expensive to set up and run but worth it:) If you could get a pair of B/Ns and get them breeding and your local shop was prepared to pay for them it would help the 'fish fund' Are you any where near me? I live in Newbury Berkshire England:) I have quite a few B/Ns:fish1:
PS do not post your exact location on the forum:)

Oh ya, if i could get a breeding pair i would buy them in an instant, but its pretty tough! And no ;( no where close to you! Im guessing you breed BN's? :)

Hi i have two breeding pairs,so i got a tank full of fry from tiny little ones right up to young adults,at the last count had over thirty:). It took awhile for the original pair to settle,but once they were in a quieter tank,bred quite easily:) Fascinating watching the little ones scurrying about:fish2:

stingrays4 said:
Hi i have two breeding pairs,so i got a tank full of fry from tiny little ones right up to young adults,at the last count had over thirty:). It took awhile for the original pair to settle,but once they were in a quieter tank,bred quite easily:) Fascinating watching the little ones scurrying about:fish2:

I envy you haha!!

Wow!! Ok i am sold. How many are in each batch?? And whats the survival rate in your opinion? What do u sell them for at ur lfs? One last question, is ur pair the same type of bn?

Don't quote me on this, it may be wrong. I remember reading that the albino gene is recessive and the brown (normal colour) is dominant. The shortfin gene is recessive and the longfin is dominant. So if you breed a brown and a albino you will get browns. But if you breed a brown that has genes from a brown and from a albino (it's brown because brown is dominant) with a albino its 50/50 chance you get albinos. An albino will always have albinos with another albino.

Ohhh ok so if i get a black ad albino pair, they will have brown, black, and maybe a few albino?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ohhh ok so if i get a black ad albino pair, they will have brown, black, and maybe a few albino?

Yeah, so if you want albino get both albino. If you want both get one of each and you may get some albino. If you want brown/black get both brown/black and they may throw some albinos if they both have the gene.

Haha oh okay thanks! I really want albino ones... So maybe get an albino pair? Haha idk yet cuz i would like the other types as well

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha oh okay thanks! I really want albino ones... So maybe get an albino pair? Haha idk yet cuz i would like the other types as well

Personally I like albino longfins. :) I have 2 browns and 3 albinos (2 shortfin and 1 longfin).

Yes if i had a bigger tank to breed in like a 30 i would go with 1 albino male, 1 black male, 1 albino female, 1 brown female, and 1 black female! Haha then i would have 2 males and 3 females with tons of differant types of fry!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yes if i had a bigger tank to breed in like a 30 i would go with 1 albino male, 1 black male, 1 albino female, 1 brown female, and 1 black female! Haha then i would have 2 males and 3 females with tons of differant types of fry!

I would love to have a tank of all bnp. I just promised hubby no more tanks!

Haha ya if i could do that i would be very happy. So what do u suggest? Both albino, black, or brown? Or what mixes would u suggest?

Back
Top Bottom