Snail or fish eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are these fish or snail eggs? I've got tetras corys, ottos, and guppies. I know it's not the guppies, but I don't know if they are snail eggs or one of my other inhabitants :)

Attachments

• image-2189599401.jpg
    image-2189599401.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 230
I know corys will lay eggs on the glass mine usually do it more down at the bottom of the tank.

Really? They're cory eggs?! How exciting!! Shame mr guppy ate them all :(
Does that mean that I've got a male and female cory then, or can females lay eggs without a male?

they can lay eggs without a male. If they are all near adult size they shouldn't be too hard to sex, females are typically larger and more round shaped while males are smaller and skinnier.

Fishies86 said:
Are these fish or snail eggs? I've got tetras corys, ottos, and guppies. I know it's not the guppies, but I don't know if they are snail eggs or one of my other inhabitants :)

If they are in bunches on the glass then snail eggs. If not then they probably aren't eggs cas usually fish will spawn only in a tank with just a male and female, not in a community tank

I have heard of lots of cases though o people that have just spotted fry swimming around an can't figure out how because they are in a community tank, so I suppose it might be possible. They were spread out across the glass, not in a clump. They were a clearish jelly type thing, about half the size of garden snail eggs, and they looked flatter than garden snail eggs.

Fishies86 said:
I have heard of lots of cases though o people that have just spotted fry swimming around an can't figure out how because they are in a community tank, so I suppose it might be possible. They were spread out across the glass, not in a clump. They were a clearish jelly type thing, about half the size of garden snail eggs, and they looked flatter than garden snail eggs.

Well the could be Cory eggs like others said but its not likely and depending on the type of snail the egg sacs would look diff

Back
Top Bottom