snail problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robyn_k85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a nano cube and it has been set up now for a few months now. A couple of weeks ago I noticed all of these tiny organisms on the side of the tank, and now that they are getting bigger...I realize that they must be baby snails. This is my first saltwater fish tank, so I don't really know how to handle this problem, or how common this is. I put 6 snails in the tank... is this too much for a 12 gallon tank? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

That is a problem i would like to have! If they are starving you could sell some of them. Depending on the type of snail it is usually 1 snail/gal. so you don't have too many.

Whew, thanks a lot. I'll be honest with you, I don't really know what I'm doing with this tank so any suggestions help. Thanks again,
Robyn

If that is the case the biggest piece of advice I can offer is do not go any further in adding to your tank and do a lot of research on this and other sites. Figure out if you want a FOWLR tank or a small reef tank( corals added). Have at least 12 lbs of LR (20 would be ideal). You could probley only fit 1 maybe 2 clowns in that tank and that would be it! The more research done now the less likleyhood something will go wrong later and you will enjoy the hobby with little headache. If you have any questions ask away here and you will get great advice. Good luck and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom