Snails & some type of pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I got up this morning and turned on the Actinics I saw a whole bunch of small snails on the front glass of the tank along with a whole bunch of some type of pods not sure what they are. My question is that I saw one of the snails "larger size" blow out smoke like stuff from I am assuming nostrils if they have any should I be concerned with those. I only see them first thing in the morning.

The pods I do not know what they are if they are good or bad for the tank is there a link out there to see different types of pods and their descriptions?

No clue about the snail, but here's a pretty good link. It's the only one I have bookmarked on this PC, but I'm sure others will share.

Xtalreef

This first pod on that link is the one that I have been seeing in my tank "Amphipod". Do I need to be worried about those? They have increased in numbers now... What fish will eat them? I only see them in the AM when I first turn on the lights.

Don't worry they are good janiters and will be eaten,I wish I had some left in my tank my birdnose wrasse has wiped them out.

Thanks. Even those snail/slugs like things that looks like they are blowing smoke out of their I am guessing nostrils.????

Back
Top Bottom