Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snails

Can a snail reproduce on its own & are there any issues with rcs?

Hello Sn...

I'm not an authority on snails, but they are either male or female. I don't think they're capable of reproducing alone. It's hard to tell the difference between the sexes. If you've introduced a female into your tank, you'll have little ones at some point, so don't overfeed or you'll have snails piling up the corners of your tank.

Snails are very peaceful and a good addition to your tank. I keep quite a few "Ramshorn" snails in my planted tanks. They're the best algae controllers that I've had and they've never damaged my plants. They will clean up any decaying fish or plant material.

Just a couple of thoughts.

B

Many thanks b, any is any problems with cherry red shrimp at all. The snail snuck in on a plant.

Snails

Many thanks b, any is any problems with cherry red shrimp at all. The snail snuck in on a plant.

Hello again Sn...

Good for you. You got something for nothing! I don't think your shrimp will be harmed by the snail or snails. They're very peaceful. I've had snails introduced into my tanks too. I just didn't rinse the plants well enough.

No harm done though. Just keep the food to a minimum and your snail population won't get out of control.

B

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom