South or Central American build project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No photos or videos

Just Filled and fired up this new 20L. Had to do it. Too many accessories are building up in my closet. The only item needed was a spanky new $20per gallon tank.
It will be used to rehome some of the apistos.
I used this caribsea white sand substrate and mixed in other grits as well. it's a very powdery sand. Probably not great for roots, but my favorite plants Java fern, anubias, and Java moss can probably scratch out a living.
No photos or videos

The filtration will be an ac50 and a sponge filter.

Yessir, good eye. It was labeled as filamentosus at the auction. Its a great fish in a community setup, very peaceful.

Yeah, can't see the tail but the head shape screams maculatus to me. Nice pick up! Love those!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I couldn't disagree anymore...

27198-albums1492-picture58301.jpg

27198-albums9290-picture38489.jpg

27198-albums1491-picture63113.jpg

27198-albums10983-picture63117.jpg

27198-albums13459-picture63353.jpg

Every fish above is over white pool filter sand.
What is the first cichlid it's amazing I want one

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I'm going to try and find one would it be on with a jack dempsey and a firemouth

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No, they earned the name "Red Terror" for a reason. Google excichlasoma festae for more info. They're in a new genus but I can't recall the new name

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As Freakgecko points out, their name gives insight into their personality. These fish are frequently in the Top 3 in terms of aggression, predatory and territorial behavior. They also grow quite large with males reaching up to 20".

Even if you bought one and you didn't have problems for a while, eventually you would. It would either straight up kill the other two fish or terrorize them so much that they get sick and die from stress.

Absolutely not a community fish

Back
Top Bottom