Sponges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just have the hitchiker kind that came with my LR. They are all over my tank and are different colors and are great filter feeders.

I've also got the hitchhiker kind on the lr. Also I found a small rock at my lfs that had a little yellow sponge w/ a blue mushroom on it so I bought it and now I have this little yellow sponge, I don't know wat kind it is.

Cool, I do have the white hitchhikers as well.

I just recently bought a sponge about two weeks ago. I believe that the larger ones require a lot more attention than the hitchhikers do. The one that I have I feed oyster eggs and keep it out of the light. It seems to be doing fine, but then again its only been about two weeks. Sponges in general are filter feeders, and I think that the larger they get the more attention you have to give them in terms of feeding, which I target feed them every other day. While on the topic, the Dt oyester eggs that I got says to turn off the skimmer while feeding the tank, does this have to be done or do you think the skimmer can stay on?

I would say, turn it off, unless you use the 2Liter coke bottle trick, to target feed him.

I have a few hitchhikers that grow under the liverock, if I move the rock around is the only time I notice them but the only thing I could liken them too are sponges.

There is a red coralish thing on one recently purchased live rock that may be a sponge of sorts if it lives.

Back
Top Bottom