spotted mandarin and coral banded??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't believe the Mandarin will be able to live their by itself. It's not big enough to support the pods that the Mandarin feeds on. CBC's are known fish eater also.

If you are willing to continuely feed him pods then he might make it. I had a CBS and I removed him because of issues with him attacking my fish.

The mandarin should really be housed in a much larger tank with LOTS of LR.

Pods get expensive. The mandarin feeds pretty much all day everyday. This is a fish for very mature systems with enormous copepod populations.

I agree that the tank is too small for a mandarin. It needs a much bigger tank with lots of LR.

what a shame, by the sounds of it he will either have to go in the older tank (30gal with lots of rock but not so nice tankmates) or most likely back to LFS. Such a cool guy.

"enormous copepod populations" Ziggy what do these look like.

I love this fish but have stayed away from it for this reason.

Can anyone post a photo?

If I had a macro lens I would be happy to post a shot of my pod population. I can see them but I can't capture it on my camera. I have a 20g refugium on my system that is LOADED with pods. I have a lot of Macro algae and a lot of LR in the fuge so they have a safe place to live in.

Back
Top Bottom