Spotted Raphael

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone with a spotted Raphael that actually comes out during the day? I know the striped so sometimes but my fat spotted seems content in his cave lol. I don't even see him at night! I feed sinking catfish pellets after lights out and if they drop in front of his face he inhales them but otherwise he barely moves.

I've got an old spotted raphael. It's like 5 or 6 inches, I see it every other day probably. They're just not very active fish. How big is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mines about 3 years old and 4". Yeah I know he's just fat and lazy and likes his cave. His cave is right near the front of my tank so I can see him everyday but I just wish the fatty would swim around every once in a while haha

Oh, I got you haha. Yeah, they're pretty fat and lazy... I've only rarely seen mine do any real swimming. My brother had it for years before I got it, he asked me to take it. They're cool looking fish but they don't do too much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I love mine, just wish he's do a little more exercising lol

I need help with a striped Raphael. He has something on his face and I can't tell what it is. Looks like a film but its hard to say for sure. I've had him for over 10 years. He seems fine and he's still eating. I treated the tank with Erythromycin and it didn't work. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398209737.432047.jpg

Ive got a couple Bumblebee catfish that are the same way. Unless I shine a light into their respective hide-e-holes, I only see them every couple weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom