start of new 190ltr build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brad3314

Aquarium Advice Activist
thought i would post up some pics of the start of our new tank i haven't had a tank for a while now due to renovations and having no space so here is a few pics i will update them as i get further along with it

Attachments

• 100_5495.jpg
    100_5495.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 752
  • 100_5499.jpg
    100_5499.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 745
  • 100_5503.jpg
    100_5503.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 736
  • DSCF0888.jpg
    DSCF0888.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 765
this is where it's at at the moment next i have to build the sump and get it piped up

Attachments

• DSCF0914.jpg
    DSCF0914.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 688
Looking good.

What size sump are you building and where is it going? If it's going under the stand, will you have room to get in there with the dimension of the doors? I dont mean to ask such simple questions. It's just that some poeple dont think about that while building the stand before it's too late.

yeah i did think about the sump first i should be able to get a fairly decent one in there i will also be running a canister filter on it as well i was thinking of making the sump in two pieces if possible and then they can be linked up when they are in the cabinet

What kind of lighting are you going with? I ask this because it looks like a sealed enclosure and I would worry about heat, moisture, and salt build up.

probably will have mh's i am going to put a fan in each side up near the top of the cabinet one to suck air in and the other will blow the air out the other side giving a constant air change through cabinet

That is awesome. I love how you incorporated the tank into the room like that. I would love to do that in my own home office.

yeah i did think about the sump first i should be able to get a fairly decent one in there i will also be running a canister filter on it as well i was thinking of making the sump in two pieces if possible and then they can be linked up when they are in the cabinet

If you havnt already, check out Custom Sumps/Filters

They do custom sumps that are in sections. You might get some ideas from there.

Wow, very cool. I really want to do something similar to this in our living area.:)

has any body used sky lights over there tanks? are they any good for it i just thought it would save money i would still have the other lights fitted as well

That is awesome. I love how you incorporated the tank into the room like that. I would love to do that in my own home office.

thanks it wasn't to hard to do but i still haven't found a good solution to the doors yet as when the lights are on it shines through the gaps i tried putting some foam tape around the back but it didn't work so i may have to cut out and redo it

Use trim board and weather striping that should do the trick, or put a board on the inside with a magnet, and a magnet on the door to keep it closed.

ok i have the two tanks for the sump/refugium here is my design looking for feedback if it will work and what i might need to change

i have ordered a bubble magus nac3 skimmer which is on it way from hong kong will put some pics up when i get it

Attachments

• SUMP.jpg
    SUMP.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 299
Back
Top Bottom