Starting back up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
Trying to start up another saltwater set up. Got a ten gallon tank juss to mess around with.

And advice?

Will my Rena XP3 do the job on a ten gallon?

That would be more than enough filtration of a ten gallon, but remember, it is hard to just "mess around" with a SW tank of that size. Water quality can diminish quickly, so be sure you are ready to do it. That being said, I used an XP3 on a 125 gallon and it was fine, so yes, it will be plenty. It will probobly be too much flow for a 10 gallon!

yeah that is what i figured... i havent been around SW tanks in awhile but i am planning to keep it simple.. maybe juss a small reef tank...

If your a little rusty, so to speak, you'll be best off w/ as large a tank as possible. Smaller aquariums require more maintenance and are much more prone to water chemistry fluctuations and all the problems that arise from them. More water volume = more stability and forgiveness. HTH and good luck.
Ps- Welcome back to the salty side of life!

I agree with Mike in that the bigger the better when it comes to your tank. I always try to suggest going with a 55 or bigger to start with and do the smaller ones after you have good success with them. JMO

If your limited on space and still wanted a tank (like a ten gallon or 20 gallon) then you could use the spray bar attachment on the outflow and put in the valve before it so you can control the water flow. 350 gph would be a lot in a ten gallon.

You can do it, everyone just wants to make sure you know a 10 gallon can be even more work than the larger tanks. But you can do it, we have faith ;)!

Back
Top Bottom