Starting my 29 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Voxon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help starting my 29 Gallon

:fish2: Well... I am starting my new 29 gallon tank and I need advice, I love tropical community tanks, or at least I love looking at them and I wanted to start my own. I have a 29 High, and I am considering adding two cockatoo apistos, six sterbai cories, six x-ray tetras, three otocinclus vestitus, 5 pearl danios and ten cherry shrimp. I know it sounds like a lot but I ran it through AqAdvisor and said I was right at 100% stocking. The only extra thing I would consider adding would be a horned nerite snail to go where no shrimp might be able to get to due to the cockatoo apistos. Let me know what you think, right now it will be a couple weeks I already completed the cycle due to one of my smaller tanks being very well established and I have one of my last sterbai corys racing around in there in desperate need of a friend. Let me know if you would like photos but I would appreciate advice, I really want to add shrimp but if it is not possible please tell me I dont want to kill them in a failed attempt to just make me happy. Anyway thanks for taking the time to respond and have a nice day.:thanks:

I’ve not kept caca’s yet but my other dwarf cichlids will eat most snails every chance you get.

Shrimp will need to be able to hide in order to survive any dwarf. If the colony is large it might maintain for a bit

The rest sounds good to me. The only thing I would think about is letting the tank age a bit before ottos and caca go in. Might help them live a bit better

Back
Top Bottom