Starting Up A Nano!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fotopoulos

Aquarium Advice Freak
So excited to be setting up our first fish tank together. A small tank for our small apartment...a 6g nano. Since the man of the house is so handy there are 2 strips of blue LED lights retrofixed to the tank to help things grow while we sleep:) We kicked off our tank with 2 chormis. One blue, Zissis and one pink, Jane. For the CUC, four crabs.

Looking forward to putting things together and adding more friends. And of course, more rock!

Attachments

• image-3757042393.jpg
    image-3757042393.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 486
  • image-1207996815.jpg
    image-1207996815.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 478
  • image-2948594238.jpg
    image-2948594238.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 466
If you did not cycle yet I would return the fish. You will have to do many pwc's for them to survive during the cycle period. I like the tank though:)

Oh, I didn't know. Well then it's great! Just make sure that the damsels aren't aggressive to other fish If you add them. They hVe a reputation of being violent.

Thanks. I am going to be putting 2 clowns in eventually and a lot more rock...on the way to the store as we speak. Love to hear feedback though...there are some amazing tanks on here.

Right. Thinking about a carpet anenome (for our potential clown friends), a couple polyps and some mushrooms. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I am going to be putting 2 clowns in eventually and a lot more rock...on the way to the store as we speak. Love to hear feedback though...there are some amazing tanks on here.

I am sorry, but I do not think you can put 2 clownfish in a 6g.

Thanks for your concerns. We aren't 100% sure...a local fish store owner said it's possible but they will outgrow the tank eventually. Maybe babies and then we will send them your way when their full grown! And if not...a reef tank it is with a solid CUC. :)

Even two small clowns are much too big for a 6g... but it's still up to you.

It is advisable that clownfish have 10gs of water per clown fish. You can get away with one in a ten gallon, but for two obviously you would need 20g+.

Now 6g won't kill him but you will definitely have to keep up with water changes not to mention he will be stressed and unhappy with low swimming space. Some people forget that live rock accounts for water volume, so depending on how much rock you wind up with, you could only have 4 gallons for him to occupy.

Food for thought.

Not fish. You could do well with corals and shrimp, such as a trio of sexy shrimp or other CUC.

carey said:
You might be able to swing a tiny goby or firefish. :)

+1+1
:) I love careys peppermint goby. I'm putting one in my mini reef when I start :)

Apologies, I didn't know any fish could go in a 6g. Glad I was wrong!

Well it wouldn't be a first choice, a think the sexy shrimp idea was a good one. But if there has to be a fish let it be something small and suitable. A clown is way way too much for that tank.

Back
Top Bottom