Sterbai is hurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

That Fish kid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I saw one of my hillstream loaches chase one of the 4 Sterbai corys. Then I looked closely and saw that almost all of his tail was gone! He also has scales missing on his side. I am very worried. Has anyone else experienced hillstream aggression? I have moved him to his own tank for now and will be returning the loaches to the LFS ASAP. Will he recover? Sorry to go on so long but please respond sOOn!

I thought cories didn't have scales? He ought to be fine. Lots of clean water changes and maybe add a bit of salt

I have seen with my own eyes the regrowth of a nipped and tattered cory tail regenerate over time. I could hardly believe it. As for the spots that seems like where the hill stream loach suctioned off some skin.

@clearancepuppy I was hoping it would grow back. Glad to hear f
rom someone who has experience. What happened to yours?
What is voogle?

Voogle is an all natural herbal medicine. Good for everyone !! Will not hurt anyone!!! google Voogle (no pun intended) - you can get it at drsfostersmith.com and amazon.com. Actually most online fish stores have it. If your LFS doesn't. It regrew healed my Cory's torn tail in 2 weeks. I swear by it. Does a great job with bacterial body slime too!! My orange lazer had it.

Sorry for the late reply.
I bought voogle and used it. My sterbais tail is almost completely normal again! Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom