Stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkMan

Aquarium Advice Activist
First, Sorry for the long entry.

I am putting together a stock list for a 125 FOWLR. I have been saving for some time to get a larger tank and I am about two weeks away. The tank will be an all glass reef ready with dual built in overflows, a megaflow Model 4 sump with a Red Sea Berlin Protein Skimmer, and about 80 lbs of live rock as the filiation. I know all about cycling and so on and I am in no hurry, (and will be adding one to two fish a month). but I wanted to run my stock list by you guys to make sure everything is compatible and will be happy in their home. I have been asking various questions on this forum and this is my proposed list.

Zebra Moray
Blue Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Flame Angel
A pair of Ocellaris Clowns
Flame Hawkfish
A pair of Gold Headed sleeper gobies (if I can find a pair)
Tuxedo Urchin
Orange Sea Star

I Think I am Pushing my bio load pretty hard. Let me know what you think. Or if you identify any compatability issues. Sorry again for the long entry, I just really respect everyones input and help. PLEASE all the advice I can get, I want my fish to be happy as can be.

I would increase to LR to around 200 lbs and drop the moray. It will have to gobies for a snack. It is also really hard on your bioload.

Is there any kind of eel I could keep? I would really like to have an eel and they seem the most docile. I could drop the gobies if needed. also I thought Zebra's won't eat fish. They don't even have the right teeth. I was planning on increasing the live rock not quite to 200 lbs though.

You are right. No danger to fish. I was thinking of reg moray. They still get up to 5' and a 125 is pushing it.

They do get really large, but I have been researching these guys for some time and it seems in the aquarium they rarely get over 3'6", still a large specimen. I trust the expertise on this forum and if it is strongly advised not to get the eel I will listen but I would love to make it work. Thanks!

Any other input from anyone would be appreciated. Please.

Back
Top Bottom