Stocking a 15 gallon aquarium.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just out of curiosity, what are the best fish to put in a 15 gallon aquarium?

There are lots of fish to choose from he's a list of species tell us some you like.

Dwarf Gourami
Honey Gourami
Betta
Harlequin rasbora
Neon tetra
Celestial pearl danio
Pygmy Cory's
Dwarf Cory's
Zebra danio
Ghost shrimp
Cherry shrimp
Kuhli loach
Oto cats
Guppy
Platies
Endlers

Chili rasboras and ruby red tetras or furcata/ Gertrudae rainbow fish would be nice

I like would like to put in live plants with it if that narrows it down. I don't really like gouramis. I think maybe some Cory's, tetras and platies but my selection is limited.

Ok you could do something like

6- panda Cory's
6- Cardinal or other small tetras
2- male platies.

The endless look beautiful but I don't think they are available in my area :(

Josh, is there a way I could more colourful, non bottom feeders with less Cory's?

Yes I feel like you could do a tank with 4 panda Cory's then I would get 8 Celestial Pearl Danios and 6-8 small tetras like something simulator in size to neons maybe flame tetras.

A good stock for you with good color would be

8- CPD
8- Flame Tetra
6- Dwarf Cory
10- Red Cherry Shrimp.

First of all thank you for the help. And second, I'm really new so what would shrimp maintenance be like? Similar to the fish?

No problem the fish I just listed are pretty sensitive though just be aware you need to keep your tank I. Great condition and very clean! Shrimp basically just need to be put in and Have hiding spots there is really nothing else you have to do specially for them.

Okay I have a small 3 gallon aquarium right now and hoping to upgrade at Christmas! I keep it extremely clean with 25% water changes every 2 weeks so i kinda have an idea of what I need to do. It's just nice to get advice :)

Okay I have a small 3 gallon aquarium right now and hoping to upgrade at Christmas! I keep it extremely clean with 25% water changes every 2 weeks so i kinda have an idea of what I need to do. It's just nice to get advice :)

In this 15 gallon of you do that stock it's gonna be 50 percent every single week. In the 3 gallon you should start doing that so you can get in the habit.

Back
Top Bottom