Stocking A 92 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squasedpotato

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys!

I've recently been offered to take up responsibility of a 92 (US) Gallon tank at a local school so i've decided to give it a go!

The PH of the water is 7.4, 25% water changes will be carried out weekly, the filter itself moves approximately 1000 litres per hour.

Basically, we've decided to go with two/three large schools of fish like Neon Tetra's for example, so i would welcome any recommendations as to what schooling fish would look great and be compatible with each other.

Along with that the owner wants Discus fish as the centrepiece but they require a lower PH and even if we do lower it i understand they can eat smaller fish like the Neon Tetra's so would welcome any other centerpiece fish recommendations that are of similar size or a little bigger perhaps but are peaceful and will get along well with the smaller ones.

The tank itself is a Juwel Trigon 350, it's a corner tank as per pics below, any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Attachments

• Trigon_350_top_line.jpg
    Trigon_350_top_line.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Trigon_350_line.jpg
    Trigon_350_line.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 236
Discus fish are shy and wouldn't eat neons. You could have discus and maybe some rummy nose tetras.

I think a school of Denison Barbs would be cool. And if no Discus Angel Fish would work perfectly!

Couldn't agree more with vanimal . A school of Denison barbs, discus or angels , and of course some sterbai coreies!

I wouldn't put Discus in a tank in a school, unless it was in a quiet location and not going to be pawed over or the front of the tank banged by kids

2 Rainbow Cichlid
Or
2 Keyhole Cichlids
Or
2 Sajica
Or
A small number of Angels
And
7 Lemon Tetra
7 Rummy Nose
7 Sterbai Cory

Diamond tetras? I've fallen in love with them recently. Not as a centerpiece necessarily, but one of the schools. I also really like rummy noses

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, i took a list of all the fish from here and some other places to the owners and they narrowed it down to this:

7 Cories
7 Denison Barbs
10 Five-banded Barbs
10 Cherry Barbs

We're still debating on the Discus but would the above fish be compatible with each other? Keeping in mind this is going to be for kids aswell are these going to be entertaining enough or would something else be recommended? Thanks.

EDIT: I am looking into getting a couple of the mentioned Cichlids aswell but unfortunately my local lfs dosn't stock alot of them, i take it they'll be fine with smaller fish though and won't eat them?

Just something to think about but all the fish you mentioned have very similar body shape, except Kuhli loaches. I'm not sure what, but some other type of fish, maybe something with a round body shape. I'm sure someone has ideas.

Discus wouldn't be a good choice for a school. Plus they need very warm water, 83-84F. This in itself limits suitable tank mates. They also would do best in a planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom