Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

So I know that dwarf gouramis are mostly fine with most fish, however have a couple of questions. .

Will they be fine with neons and amano shrimp?

I read on here is best to get a pair. Does it matter in sex?

I have 10 neons, 2 small catfish which will only grow 4" (can't remember their name), 3 amano shrimp in a 98ltr tank

I have kept a single dwarf gourami with neons no problems. I having heard much about keeping a pair since I've never seen and females in the shops around here they usually stock the males because the females are quite dull coloured in comparison. If you find a pair I don't see why not. Oh I forgot to mention I don't know about the amano shrimp someone else will hopefully let you know :) I don't think we can get amano shrimp here in Australia

Cheers for the help.. Off there in a bit to get some

I just did some research and I'm reading that the male will sometimes harass the female so it's best to keep 2 or more females to keep the single female getting targeted constantly. IMO I think you should be better save than sorry and just get a single male.

If you acquire gouramis, be sure the water isn't highly agitated as gouramis have labrnithy organs an breath from the surface

Back
Top Bottom