Stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1.) So i have a 10 gallon tank with a betta and a couple mystery snails in it (and god knows how many pond snails :p) so do i have room for anything else in there?

2.) I'm getting a 75 gallon in the next week or so, and i'm still thinking of stocking, any ideas (looking for colorful fish)

SA Cichlids. Firemouths, Jack Dempsey or something like that, Texas Cichlids, you have lots of options

Ya I'm kinda with clever on this one is go with cichlids but imo is have a large mbuna tank very colorful, active , and great personality

in a ten gallon i have a betta some pygmy cories and gonna add some real small rasboras or tetras and that will be it.. and my betta doesnt bother the other fish at all.just shy away from real nippy fish

New said:
1.) So i have a 10 gallon tank with a betta and a couple mystery snails in it (and god knows how many pond snails :p) so do i have room for anything else in there?

2.) I'm getting a 75 gallon in the next week or so, and i'm still thinking of stocking, any ideas (looking for colorful fish)

If I remember correctly your 75 gallon would be a community right? If the fish are compatible, some colorful community fish are discus, rainbowfish, killifish, and paradise fish.

As for the betta tank I think a school of Pygmy cories or tetras would work, depends on the betta's personality though.

yeah, easy, non aggressive fish, forgot to mention that sorry

will this work?
red eye tetra x10
long finned serpae tetra x10
bleeding heart tetra x10
angelfish x1
BN or clown pleco x1
(i know serpaes can be nippy but will they be in such a large group?)
(will the angelfish eat live plants?)

IME my angel isn't eating my live plants, however I know that a few members on here have planted tanks and their angels eat them/uproot them.

I'm not sure about the serpae combo...It's just me, but I wouldn't risk it.

Angel fish will eat live plants, but they dont prefer it. Also, if they are nippy, just because they are in a large ground doesnt necessarly mean they wont team up on weaker fish. I wouldnt make your 75 gallon a chiclid tank because that limits your possabilities in my opinion

Angel fish will eat live plants, but they dont prefer it. Also, if they are nippy, just because they are in a large ground doesnt necessarly mean they wont team up on weaker fish. I wouldnt make your 75 gallon a chiclid tank because that limits your possabilities in my opinion

yeah, i don't want a cichlid tank, im new at this :oops:

honestly beings new shouldnt stop you from anything I have been doing this aquarium hobby for ~3 months and I keep German Blue Rams, Have a 75 gallon Hi-Tech planted tank, with 4 other tanks. All it takes is research, research, and more research, then also doing it right the first time ;).

Hahaha thats very quick to have 4 tanks alredy and all that stuff! U sure ur gunna keep likein fish keeping??

How long have they been alive?
What type?
Whats the minimum tank they need?
Is it hard for them to pair up?

Back
Top Bottom